DESIGN AND WIN YOUR OWN GAMING CHAIR
What this contest is
Do you spend your nights gaming in an ugly chair? It’s OK to admit it. Most gaming chairs are ugly. But yours is especially ugly. Well unless you bought it from Cooler Master. Then it looks great. But maybe it could still look better with your input.
We challenge you to design your own Caliber R2 and create the sexiest looking gaming chair the world has ever seen.
So you aren’t a qualified furniture designer? We’ll let you slide this one time. Use our design files, follow the rules, and create the ultimate chair design digitally. We’ll handle the rest.
WHAT. WHY. WHEN?
- Download the design files.
- Design your Custom Caliber R2 Gaming Chair following the design guidelines.
- Submit your design before October 12th 13:00 CET.
- Voting on the finalists takes place between October 13th and 19th.
- The winner will be announced on this website and on social media on October 20th.
- The winning design will be created as a limited edition. Everyone who submitted a design or voted on the finalists gets a discount voucher. More info at the Rules and Process section.
Download the design files, and get designing.
Submit your creation, and let the judges pick a top 3.
The community will vote on the final 3 designs.
If your creation receives the most votes you will win the chair that you designed.
Once the contest is over your design will be created as a limited edition.
Inspired by the Kanagawa wave in pale colors
RULES AND PROCESS
You’ve got questions, we’ve got answers!
How many designs can I submit?
Creativity and great ideas know no boundaries. You may submit as many ideas as you want.
Where and when can I buy the winning chair design?
The winning chairs design will be produced and sold in the Cooler Master Store within 2 months of the competition’s conclusion.
If you’ve submitted a design or have voted in this competition you will receive a discount voucher by email on October 21st once the chair is available for pre-order. Make sure to check your spam box! The first 10 people who buy the chair will have their name stitched on their chair.
How much will the chair cost?
People who submitted a design
– US Store $209 (including free shipping).
– EU Store €179,95.
People who voted
– US Store $254 (including free shipping).
– EU Store €219,95.
– US Store $299 (including free shipping).
– EU Store €259,95.
Work must be submitted via the contest main page contact form.
Each submission will require:
- Your name, email and country.
- A design description.
- Description: How did you come up with your idea?
- Upload one or multiple pictures of your creation.
Terms & Conditions
- Eligibility: This Campaign is open only to those who enter through the official submission form. Employees of Cooler Master, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and suppliers, (collectively the “Employees”), and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of Employees are not eligible to participate in the Campaign. The Campaign is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
- Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of Cooler Master as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Campaign.
- Campaign Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on September 28th , 2020 and ending October 12th
- How to Enter: The Campaign must be entered by submitting an entry using the online form provided at coolermaster.com. The entry must fulfill all Campaign requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Cooler Master. You must provide the information requested. If You use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of Cooler Master.
- Prizes: The 1st place winner of the Campaign (the “Winner”) will receive their own designed Caliber R2 Gaming Chair. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by Cooler Master. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted except at Cooler Master’s discretion. The prize is non-transferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of Winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for Cooler Master to use Winner’s name, likeness, and design entry for purposes of advertising, manufacture, sale, distribution and trade of products without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
- Winner Selection and Notification: Winner will be selected by a panel of Cooler Master judges within the defined evaluation criteria. Winner will be notified by Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and/or through e-mail within five (5) days following selection of Winner. Cooler Master shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 10 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Campaign is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (AT COOLER MASTER‘S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CAMPAIGN, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
- By entering this content (e.g., photo, video, text, etc.), You understand and agree that Cooler Master, anyone acting on behalf of Cooler Master, and Cooler Master’s licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Campaign, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes. Without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent. By entering this content, You represent and warrant that your entry is an original work of authorship, and does not violate any third party’s proprietary or intellectual property rights. If your entry infringes upon the intellectual property right of another, You will be disqualified at the sole discretion of Cooler Master. If the content of your entry is claimed to constitute infringement of any proprietary or intellectual proprietary rights of any third party, You shall, at your sole expense, defend or settle against such claims. You shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Cooler Master from and against any suit, proceeding, claims, liability, loss, damage, costs or expense, which Cooler Master may incur, suffer, or be required to pay arising out of such infringement or suspected infringement of any third party’s right.
- Cooler Master reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Campaign should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond Cooler Master’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Campaign. In such case, Cooler Master may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Cooler Master. Cooler Master reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Campaign or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. Cooler Master has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Campaign, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Campaign rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Campaign may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, Cooler Master reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless Cooler Master and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Campaign and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
- Disputes: THIS CAMPAIGN IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF TAIWAN (R.O.C.), WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Campaign, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Campaign, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Taiwan (R.O.C.) having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Campaign). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
- Winners List: To obtain a copy of the Winner’s name or a copy of these Official Rules, mail your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: Cooler Master Lodewijkstraat 1b, 5652 AC Eindhoven, The Netherlands. Requests must be received no later than the 1st of June.
- Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Campaign is Cooler Master Technology, 4F., No. 788-1, Zhongzheng Rd., Zhonghe Dist., New Taipei City 23586, Taiwan (R.O.C.)
- Facebook: The Campaign hosted by Cooler Master is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook.
- As a participant, you are the owner and composer of the project content and images. Cooler Master and its event partners may use your submitted material and images with or without any pseudo (pen) name credit. We may use your submitted material and images locally, nationally or globally and such use may be made in any media, information or communication platform currently in use or later developed. Cooler Master reserves the right in its sole discretion to alter contest rules at any time. Usage or reprint of your submitted material and images will be at sole discretion of Cooler Master. Cooler Master retains the right to substitute the prize with another prize of similar value in the event the original prize offered is not available.
- Entrants under 18 must get consent from their parent(s) or legal guardian(s) before entering. The parent(s) or legal guardian(s) of entrants under 18 agree to these Terms and Conditions on behalf of the entrant.
- By participating, you conclusively agree to be bound by these contest rules and conditions. This is an irrevocable condition of entry. Contestants who do not agree to the above terms and conditions should not enter this contest.
Who we are
Our website address is: www.coolermaster.com.
Cooler Master is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Cooler Master may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
We may collect the following information:
- contact information including email address
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customize the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyze web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyze data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at [email protected]
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You have rights under the GDPR:
(a) To access your personal data
(b) To be provided with information about how your personal data is processed
(c) To have your personal data corrected and/or removed
(d) To have your personal data erased in certain circumstances
(e) To object to or restrict how your personal data is processed
(f) To have your personal data transferred to yourself or to another business in certain circumstances.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to 4F. No. 788-1, Zhongzheng Rd., Zhonghe Dist., New Taipei City 23586, Taiwan (R.O.C.)
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.