Sign in to follow this  
yugo23

Maximum number of hard drives in Elite cases?

yugo23    0

I am particularly interested in Elite 334. It's specs say that it has 6 hidden and 1 exposed 3,5" drive bays. Is it possible to mount hard drives in all these bays, ie. maximum of 7? Top two bays seem to be different, but can they still host 3,5" hard drives?

334U and other newer Elite chassis have specs of 5 hidden and 1 exposed, still I can't see any visual difference between these hard drive racks.

This still looks like 7 bays to me:

top4.jpg?8939701

esCob4r    0

I had an Elite 330 and it looked exactly alike. I actually mounted my two hard drives in the top two bays of the HDD cage where the floppy driver would normally go. It seemed a bit tighter fit but it worked. I just had to use screws to screw it in instead of the clip because the clips that go there do not fit in your hdd drive holes..

yugo23    0

Many thanks for this very useful information. I am deciding which case to get for my home server build, and one of the most important things is number of hard drives case can accomodate.