Sign in to follow this  
MUYA

Aquagate Pump Very Noisy

From all ive been reading here about the aquagate last couple of months; seems like there are quite alot problems with it!! Too bad. I was planning on getting one, but due the many problems i think i'll put that idea on hold!!!
This thread is an old thread and have lost many of the later posts after the one you see now.

Do you know how many Aquagate we've sold world wide? If you actually compare the ratio from users with problems to users without any, the odd will not favor your statements. Every company that releases any products will have some bad eggs. The one without any problem will most likely not go into forum and brag about it. You will only hear the one with problems. I don't think it's a good idea to base your purchase of ANY product on a forum is smart.

Karma Ghost    0

Considering that unlike the Stacker, most of the problems did not seem to center around one certain part of the Aquagate (like how in the Stacker there used to be bumps and the motherboard difficulties that were solved.) Yes, there have been problems with the Aquagate itself because no product (especially when first put out) can be perfect. Even when a product is perfected, small issues like a faulty fan or radiator could make it onto the market. And this is okay considering there are people here who are willing to help you with those problems.

I would not consider all of the complaints on the forums as being a bad thing. Take a look on most other sites selling items like an all-in-one water cooling system and see if they have a forum where you can get direct help from that company's representatives. If so, see if they have 2 page threads detailing the customer's problem and possible ways to fix the problem.

I'm sure that would be rather difficult to find.

Eryi    0
This thread is an old thread and have lost many of the later posts after the one you see now.

Do you know how many Aquagate we've sold world wide? If you actually compare the ratio from users with problems to users without any, the odd will not favor your statements. Every company that releases any products will have some bad eggs. The one without any problem will most likely not go into forum and brag about it. You will only hear the one with problems. I don't think it's a good idea to base your purchase of ANY product on a forum is smart.

While I want to clear up any mis-conceptions about my post, I would truely be interested in an answer to my issue.

The Aqua-Gate gives me adaquate cooling. Its convenent. However, is the Metallic Clicking noises I'm hearing eminating from the Console box (similar to a 1.44" floppy bay "CLICK") a sign that I'm going to wake up one night to the sound of my Thermal alarms going off when the system overheats and my CPU core slags out?

I've seen answers that range from "Defective fans" to off-topic remarks pertaining to "alot of noise". Can I get a answer from the Coolermaster Reps, as this is where they send you instead of filling out an email form for "Tech Support".

I understand the need to defend the product, as well you should. Its a good product. Its not exactly "noiseless" and the clicking it far more annoying than any fan drone I've dealt with in the past.

Ideas? Suggestions? Comments?

Karma Ghost    0

What bigbadns said was in response to Verry about how there are a lot of problems with the system. Bryant was just giving a good reason to buy it.

With a clicking noise it is quite obvious that you have a defective Aquagate. Aquagates were not designed to click, and therefore they should not click. First course of action would be to look to your reseller for RMA action. Should the reseller be unable to RMA your product for any reason, you should come back here and ask for an RMA.

But of course be prepared to remove and return your Aquagate to either source in order to get one that works correctly. We apologize for the inconvenience, of course, because we understand how difficult it is to remove a water cooling system just because a part of it does not work.

While I want to clear up any mis-conceptions about my post, I would truely be interested in an answer to my issue.

The Aqua-Gate gives me adaquate cooling. Its convenent. However, is the Metallic Clicking noises I'm hearing eminating from the Console box (similar to a 1.44" floppy bay "CLICK") a sign that I'm going to wake up one night to the sound of my Thermal alarms going off when the system overheats and my CPU core slags out?

I've seen answers that range from "Defective fans" to off-topic remarks pertaining to "alot of noise". Can I get a answer from the Coolermaster Reps, as this is where they send you instead of filling out an email form for "Tech Support".

I understand the need to defend the product, as well you should. Its a good product. Its not exactly "noiseless" and the clicking it far more annoying than any fan drone I've dealt with in the past.

Ideas? Suggestions? Comments?

First off the "tech support" isn't me and I was just giving my opinion to Varry regarding his comment.

Second, I had a customer calling in about this and he had similar problem. I told Benson, tech support, to tell the guy to remove the Aquagate casing to see where the clicking noise is coming from. He removed the case and there weren't anymore noises. You might want to try this yourself and see if there are any wires or anything getting in the way of the fan spinning. For the customer's case, we found out that the lid of the tank was hitting the case and while the Aquagate is running, it's making a clicking noise. After adjusting the lid cover, problem solved.

Ryan    0

For your info:

I had some problems with my first Aquagate, I have them replaced and the weird sound is still there when you open your CPU. Then again after awhile I hardly notice anything. One of my speculations are, maybe there were still some electrical power in your PC when you turned it on.

Press the power button after you turned it off.

Open your PC again and see if it works.

I hope It helps.

Ryan    0

To explain clearly

1. Turn off your PC

2. Turn off the power supply switch.

3. Turn on power button. (See if there was some power left)

4. Turn on Power supply switch

5. Turn on your PC

Ron    1

When a Aquagate is noisy then please fill it up...

The ticking/weird sound is caused (dont know for all) by air in the circuit.

That is what we found out here when we did some tests.

So actualy it is nothing that can not be solved.

Sometimes the air is stuck and gets loose later thats when the noise comes up.

When shutting it down like you did it it solved...for a short time....

Just shacke it a bit (dont bed afraid..it wont heard him :wink: ) and then fill it up again...repeat this untill your fully sure its full!

MUYA    0

I am so disheartened and diasppointed by Coolermaster with regrards to this. I have waited over a month since new year for a reply from Franco...nothing.

Very disappointed indeed.

Hey Muya, I opened the case of my aquagate and it was the fan which was delayed for a few seconds. Is there anyone from cooler master which can answer our questions.

Hmm, tempted to replace the fan in the front of mine, is the case easy to open, would really like to get a blue led fan in there :P