Sign in to follow this  
Electronic Punk

Aquagate Heatsync Build-up / Decomposing?

Mr. Miyagi    2

Maybe it's mold build up or something from the water in the coolant that was supplied...

So a rare case inwhich the water used had mold in it, which is growing in the heat (tho wouldn't it need air / co2) for the mold to grow?

This would mean replacing the coolant as well I guess? As well as flushing out the pump and tubes. Scary! Would have to flush with (distilled?) water and then force the water out and then put coolant in?

Mr. Miyagi    2

It's just a thought. It might happen though. I'd wait and sit tight until Bryant gives you his report. Does it affect performance at all?

I'd say no, but honestly I can't tell.

I noticed it when I swapping the stock fan on my Geforce 6800 ultra with one that blows the warm air out of the back of the case rather than into the centre of the case - also I reduced the voltage on my cm neon fans (back and top) from 12v to 7v

So lots of system changes that have made it hard to tell.

Here's the answer i got from HQ.

In fact, the aquagate is not air-tight system. When aquagate runs a long time, the coolant will get impurities. In addition, the copper heat sink’s surface is not flat, it has capillarity. When the coolant got impurities, it will stick the impurities.

This is not rust, because the water block has an antirust process. The water block has some blue or green blocks, because that is coolant color.

So even if the heatsync is replaced, becuase the coolant has this impurities, it will happen again?

Is this something that will happen with all Aquagates or can something be done?