Sign in to follow this  
footman

Release date of new 2011 Cosmos???

sangzeel    0

iHope price would be less than the what maximum-pc "dream pc" guys had paid to get their hands on the prototype of it. But still 23 days countdown timer is a good news atleast. :D:cheers: Lets wait for CM to finalise that.

I just cant figure out why they decided to wait til after the new year to release it? Cause even though this product is aimed @ a very small demographic compared to most other cases. You would think that if they have the where-with-all to put a countdown up means the product is More Than likely ready for shipment already. They would have tried to release it in December for the Holiday Rush

Chainesaw    0

Really disappointed that a forum user had to post the link to the site, you think at least someone from CM could have posted at least.. not to mention, there are STILL no specs other than the price. What a crock. Ordering my SB-E build right around the first week of January, hopefully there will be a little more info available about it before then, other than just a meaningless countdown.

Well, Looking at cooler Masters ad in Computer Power User. And on other press releases. These are the Specs I've Come up with:

Will Support Up to XL-ATX Motherboard based on the 10 Expansion Slots

We Have Rear Support for a 120/140 mm Fan

Front 140mm Fan cooling the Upper HDD Cage which contains space for 5 HDD's with SSD Support

In the Lower Section of the Case, we have an additional 6 HDD/SSD Bays as well as (2) 120 mm Fans which can Intak or Exhause air through the side panel vents

In the front Part of the Case, We Have (3) 5.25" Optical Bays as Well as (2) 3.5" Hot Swap Bays with a Door that Slides Up & Down for when you are not needing access to the Bays.

Also on the Front Panel, The I/O contains (4) USB 2.0, (2) USB 3.0 with internal Header, eSATA & You Headphone/Mic.

Based on the Power Switch Board which appears to also Have a Sliding Cover like the I/O Board of the "Cosmos S", I'm seeing what appears to be at least a 4-Channel Fan Controller

The Only thing I cannot tell you is the Upper Fan Support, But I assume it will support at least a 3X120mm Radiator

The Power Supply Bay is Removable with Possibly a Dust Filter Underneath

Large Cutout for aftermarket CPU Coolers

Hope this Helps

I just cant figure out why they decided to wait til after the new year to release it? Cause even though this product is aimed @ a very small demographic compared to most other cases. You would think that if they have the where-with-all to put a countdown up means the product is More Than likely ready for shipment already. They would have tried to release it in December for the Holiday Rush
Hi Everyone,

Yes we do read this forum. Yes we do value our consumers. Like i mentioned previously, this case is very complex and unlike anything we've done before. We're spending extra time and efforts to work out as much bugs as possible before releasing to the market.

We appreciate the patience from all of our fans who's been waiting for this case. We can assure you that when you receive the case, you will appreciate the extra time we've spent on perfecting the Cosmos II.

:D

To reiterate what Notoriousbigs mentioned, we definitely read this forum, and because this case is very important to us, we want to make sure you get a polished product and not a "beta" sample. We once again appreciate everybody's patience.

What issue is the Advert in?

I have just looked in the January 2012 and December 2011 issue and there is no advert for it.

They changed it on the digital version on their website now. But when the digital version was initially put up 2 weeks ago as well as in the print edition. There is a 2-page ad on the 1st 2 pages when you first open the magazine

What issue is the Advert in?

I have just looked in the January 2012 and December 2011 issue and there is no advert for it.

They changed it on the digital version on their website now. But when the digital version was initially put up 2 weeks ago as well as in the print edition. There is a 2-page ad on the 1st 2 pages when you first open the magazine

And thats in the Jan '12 edition