Sign in to follow this  
footman

Release date of new 2011 Cosmos???

OK, I Just spoke with a Cooler Master Rep through chat Cause I saw they were running a ad campaign through Computer Power User for the Cosmos II. And the Rep told me that they be releasing more information on 1-3-12. So I assume we are not even going to know the release date or the price until then at the very least.

As Far as specs go, From what i saw in the ad, this is what i can see:

XL-ATX Compatibility Based on the 10 Expansion Slots

The External Bays will be (3) 5.25" Bays as well as 2 Hot Swap HDD Bays in front which you can cover with a door that slides Up-and-Down. Front Panel ports include (4) USB 2.0 (2) USB 3.0(Hopefully with an Internal Header) eSATA Headphone/Mic.

Internal Bays are as follows:

Upper Chamber includes (5) 3.5" HDD Bays in Addition to the 2 Hot-Swap Bays. Lower Chamber includes an additional (6) HDD Bays cooled by 2 120mm Fans and completely Seperated from the power supply Compartment with the vent on the side panel for fresh air to be pulled in to cool the HDD's

The Ad states up to 10 Fans and looking at the panel where the Power switch is, it looks like it is going to have a 4-channel Fan controller built-in

arras    0
Hey "thebull492000"I expect (mm/dd/yy) :bounce: and i dont expect (dd/mm/yy). :shock: Tell me that 1st one is right one. :mrgreen:

Might be wishful thinking, but I'm hoping that's January 3rd. Or 3rd January. Whichever you prefer :P

Hey "thebull492000"I expect (mm/dd/yy) :bounce: and i dont expect (dd/mm/yy). :shock: Tell me that 1st one is right one. :mrgreen:

Might be wishful thinking, but I'm hoping that's January 3rd. Or 3rd January. Whichever you prefer :P

When i spoke with them i confirmed that it was January 3rd as opposed to march 1st which the dd/mm/yy would equate cause i thought of the same thing you guy's did.

zalbard    0

It is a shame that Cooler Master does not want to give us info even though it appears that some vendors are already listing the case for pre-order.

Danish shop: http://www.komplett.dk/k/ki.aspx?sku=657128

2745 DKK is $490 USD with VAT (25%), $390 USD without. Nearly $100 more expensive than what we were promised.

ETA 30 January, 2012.

Weight: 20 KG with packaging, which means the case is going to be about as heavy as TJ11 (I am guessing ~17 KG). Not cool.

Images may be old, not sure. Either way, I don't see a window, and the case generally looks unchaged. I was hoping for cool sensor buttons similar to Cosmos 1.