Sign in to follow this  
footman

Release date of new 2011 Cosmos???

Merced    0

Is there a good scan of this ad somewhere? I don't get that magazine here but I would like to see the add.

Anyone know if the end of the countdown marks a presentation or the actual release of the case?

Is there a good scan of this ad somewhere? I don't get that magazine here but I would like to see the add.

Anyone know if the end of the countdown marks a presentation or the actual release of the case?

If anyone wants to. Send me a PM with your e-mail & i'll send you the original .pdf which contains the original ad as it is printed in the print version that i got as a subscriber. dont know about the one on newstands

Also, the countdown is for when the case is available for purchase

If anyone wants to. Send me a PM with your e-mail & i'll send you the original .pdf which contains the original ad as it is printed in the print version that i got as a subscriber. dont know about the one on newstands

Also, the countdown is for when the case is available for purchase

Are you sure the case will be available for sale when the "Cosmos II timer" expires in early January? Remember what happend with the CM Storm Trooper this past year; it was just a paper launch and the CM Trooper wasn't available at retailers for several weeks.

I hope you're right! =)

Merced    0

I am having some doubts about that side-door pictured in the add (thanks to thebull492000 for sending it to me). While it's a cool way to access your hardware quickly the position of the hinge (I hope that's the right word, I'm not a native speaker) is bad. The door is attached at the front portion of the side which makes it pretty hard to access the interior while the computer is sitting in it's location below the desk, not only because you need to crawl to the back of the desk to open it but because you have to crawl all the way around it as it's blocking your way to the interior when opened. Or does it open 180°? With 90° it would even block the rooms light from reaching the interior of the case for minor changes so you essentially have to pull the entire computer out for every slight modification to the interior. Or can you detache the side with a single movement as it was the case with my old Cosmos?

Are my thoughts correct or can a beta tester invalidate my doubts? I hope so as the case seems to be very well thought through and looks awesome. Without these doubts it would be a 100% sale if that January 3rd date is indeed the launch date. With the doubt just 99% :wink:

Icejon    0
I am having some doubts about that side-door pictured in the add (thanks to thebull492000 for sending it to me). While it's a cool way to access your hardware quickly the position of the hinge (I hope that's the right word, I'm not a native speaker) is bad. The door is attached at the front portion of the side which makes it pretty hard to access the interior while the computer is sitting in it's location below the desk, not only because you need to crawl to the back of the desk to open it but because you have to crawl all the way around it as it's blocking your way to the interior when opened. Or does it open 180°? With 90° it would even block the rooms light from reaching the interior of the case for minor changes so you essentially have to pull the entire computer out for every slight modification to the interior. Or can you detache the side with a single movement as it was the case with my old Cosmos?

Are my thoughts correct or can a beta tester invalidate my doubts? I hope so as the case seems to be very well thought through and looks awesome. Without these doubts it would be a 100% sale if that January 3rd date is indeed the launch date. With the doubt just 99% :wink:

That is a good question. I think the question of space is subjective depending on how much space you have. Since the Cosmos II isn't released yet we don't know exactly how large it is. What we do know as Cooler Master has said before, the Cosmos II is 20% larger than the Cosmos 1000. That being a fact, the Cosmos II is not the type of chassis I would put under my desk, or in a tiny room. It will impress you with it's potential.

zalbard    0

I am severely disappointed after watching the video.

There seems to be no progress made since July. I guess the things CM worked on will remain a mystery.

The case seems to be nothing like original Cosmos (minus the handles).

It is huge, but still the same limited radiator support. Very wide. Tons of plastic and insane weight (22kg?). No side window.

While a great number of HDD bays may appear appealing to some (not sure who's using 6+ HDDs in a rig like this these days), their durability makes me concerned (plastic) and there don't seem to be many ways to use that space otherwise. While the bottom compartment could potentially accommodate a 480 radiator, horizontal PSU positioning (why??? there's so much space) will prevent end users from doing so.

Perhaps I was getting my hopes up too high.