Sign in to follow this  
Philly

Cool Drive 6

-=Draven=-    0

USB+5V, USB_PX-, USB_PX+, GND, NC

Where X is the usb port number.

-=Draven=-    0

When I have it plugged, I know my PC detects it and assigns a COM Port to it, because I see it in the device manager.

The problem is that is doesn't work, it doesn't show a thing on the CD6, it doesn't read temp, neither the fan spped.

When I try to configure it (using the software), an error occurs when I scan for a Cooldrive 6 port (Scan button).

The dropdown list of the ports only shows COM1 even though my Cooldrive is on COM5.

The error I get is: "No Cooldrive6 found! Please check your hardware connection...", then I get a debugger error (.Net Framework) and stuff.

In other words, I kinda have the same problem as the guy at the beginning of this forum.

Can anyone help me???

HCFORDE    0

Has anyone tested the cooldrive series against each other to see if ther are any real diferences between the 3, 4, and 6?

Thanks

Ron    1
Has anyone tested the cooldrive series against each other to see if ther are any real diferences between the 3, 4, and 6?

Thanks

I have :lol:

Cooldrive lite has the best performance....

The performance improved by type....3,4,6....and lite (7).

By the way, we have the new software finished, even the looks are good now. I think they will be downloadeble very soon.

HCFORDE    0

Thanks Ron I appreciate your fast response.

Another question I was wondering about is how much CPU resource does the software on the Cooldrive 6 take up since it is constantly polling for temps and also, can the software be easily disabled and restarted.

Some games are very demanding and need those CPU cycles. I understand that during a heavy duty 3D game is when you need to know what is going on more with your cooling so it is kind of a "catch 22"; danged if you do and danged if you don't.

Technology presents us with such glorious problems doesn't it.

Thanks again for your reply. BTW Ron, My wife's grandparents were from Freisen. Did I spell that correctly?

HCForde

Ron    1
Thanks Ron I appreciate your fast response.

Another question I was wondering about is how much CPU resource does the software on the Cooldrive 6 take up since it is constantly polling for temps and also, can the software be easily disabled and restarted.

Some games are very demanding and need those CPU cycles. I understand that during a heavy duty 3D game is when you need to know what is going on more with your cooling so it is kind of a "catch 22"; danged if you do and danged if you don't.

Technology presents us with such glorious problems doesn't it.

Thanks again for your reply. BTW Ron, My wife's grandparents were from Freisen. Did I spell that correctly?

HCForde

:? that I need to check...but on CeBIT we have Painkiller Black edition and it runs without any problems. (Killer game by the way :P )

Freisen? let me think...is that a place in the NL?

Than I think you mean Friesland.

HCFORDE    0

OK here is where I am now

I purchased a Cooldrive 6 and a Samsung 160 HDD SATA drive. I noticed that on the upper outer perimeter there is a ridge, therefore the only contact the HDD will have will be the ridge not the top surface of the HDD. Any suggestions?

The thermal pads included will both be needed for the bottom of this drive

Thanks

HCForde

Hybrid-Mods    0
USB+5V, USB_PX-, USB_PX+, GND, NC

Where X is the usb port number.

only diffrence i see is that, instead of having NC yoyu need another ground, how about you connect both the groudns to that single ground pin, ground is ground, but everything else looks fine.