Sign in to follow this  
bigmike20vt

Elite 330 case and 1155 cooler help

bigmike20vt    0

Hi guys....

I have a coolermaster 330 elite case, and i used to have a freezer 7 pro cooler in there on my AMD X2.

However i have now gone the route of a 2500K sandybridge. It is a cracking computer (even with dodgy Sata ports) and even at stock volts does 4.2ghz with ease. Sadly the cooler intel supply is barely good enough to cool my northbridge, and without a desk fan blowing directly it hits over 85 degs in under 5 mins of prime.

I am looking into a new cooler, and whilst expensive ones like the Kuhler 620 H20 or the Corsair H50 seem really nice, light and space saving they are bloody expensive.

I am looking at the hyper 212+ however some people are saying it fits ok in my case, and others are saying it does not. The plastic cowling is long gone to fit in my freezer 7.

My mobo is an Asus P8P67. Has anyone here tried using that with my set up?

If it does not fit, can anyone reccomend a good cooler for around the 25 quid mark (any more and i may as well get the antec kuhler 620 as its only 47 quid)

cheers

M.

bigmike20vt    0

hi that is fab news, i will order one then once i get my warranty swap out new board.

out of curiosity....

is the 212+ different to the 212 in size ?

(I believe you were one of the people who said it would not fit whilst i was hunting

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10807)

thanks for your reply (and I am not having a dig am just confused :) )

cheers

hi that is fab news, i will order one then once i get my warranty swap out new board.

out of curiosity....

is the 212+ different to the 212 in size ?

(I believe you were one of the people who said it would not fit whilst i was hunting

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10807)

thanks for your reply (and I am not having a dig am just confused :) )

cheers

Yes it is bigger: 122 x 98 x 160 mm. I will have to correct myself on that, it is a very tight fit, but yes it will fit. I may of have received the wrong information regarding that cooler, my apologies.

bigmike20vt    0

no problem I am just glad it fits and i am not facing buying a 50 quid liquid cooler or a new case.

The hyper 212+ seems like a heck of a cooler for the cash.

Thanks again.

Sorry 1 more question.

Are ALL Hyper 212+ coolers compatable with socket 1155 out of the box, or are there multiple revisions?

I have seen it as cheap as £15 brand new, but there is no mention of 1155 support, I do not know if that is simply becasue it did not exist when the add was made, OR is there a new mounting bracket included with some newer boxes and older ones do not have it?

thanks.