Sign in to follow this  
Osiris

Overclocking video card help.

VoongKoong    0

I had the Vantec Spectrum PCI Fan Blower kit, and I loved the UV LEDs, until the noise started bothering me. And the temp difference when my 6800 GT OC was idle wasn't that much of a difference. When it got to load, it reduced it a little.

Osiris    0

Hey bronney.

Wow that looks very nice.Thanx for the idea, but i really want

to get in to water cooling.

bronney    0

VoongKoong,

It's noisy eh? :) I actually modded it a little. Disassembled the onboard controller, bypass that with a short on the potentiometer, plug that onboard molex to a 3 pin adapter and hook it up to the nexus 201. Weeee.. controlling speed form the front hehe. I found that maybe it's resonance effect, the fan is actually most quiet when half speed instead of slowest.

Osiris,

Great to hear :) I am too chicken to go water cooling hehe.. afraid it might leak and hong kong's no good. Too humid even without water in the case and any amount of dusts turns to gum.

Mr. Miyagi    2

You should be able to get about 540/570. I would go with an aftermarket fan if you don't mind voiding the warranty.

VoongKoong    0

I just flashed my 6800 GT to 400/1100 (Ultra speeds), and the temp is like 60C idle and around 67C load. I'm using Arctic Cooling NV Silencer 5, but I'm using a Wave Master, and as soon as I switch cases to a better one, I should get lower temps.

ClydeFrog    0

I ordered a Arctic Cooler for my video crad! Is it pretty easy to install? 8)

Mr. Miyagi    2

I thought it was very easy. I would recomend Arctic Silver 5 with it.

Hybrid-Mods    0

On my 9600 pro, hehe I have it oced at 523/723.. stock is 400/600.. I have volt modded the core, along with adding some OCZ Copper BGA RAmsinks and along with drilling 2 holes in a Dynatron 1U copper heatsink.. It barely even get's warm now.. I think i've hit the max i can on a 9600 pro