Sign in to follow this  
jjustinia11

HAF X side fan cowl bumps into graphic card bracket

jjustinia11    0

HAF X side fan cowl bumps into graphic card bracket. Can any one explain if I am doing something wrong. When I us the HAF X GPU bracket and then try to put the HAF X side panel on the fan cowl hit the bracket and I cant get it on. I would thing that the case would work with its self. There are two parts from the same case, they should fit. Its now like I am taking a part from one item and putting it into the case. Can tech support clarify this issue and suggest a solution to getting the the side panel on with everything working as I expected when I bought this case,please.

:?:?

Is there any advice please? :?:

I know you asked for tech support assistance which is why I didn't initially respond and mind you I don't have experience with this case as I never had it.

If you don't mind let me try and help, maybe it's something real simple.

Is the side panel fan cowl positioned like this?: haf-x-window.jpg

If it is what graphic card(s) are you using? Maybe that will shed light on things. I know that this bracket is "supposed" to work but maybe it doesn't on all graphic card(s) - but please don't take my word for it on this.

Just like Cooler Master's alpha motherboard riser install guide is supposed to work on a particular motherboard size but doesn't on all as well as the CPU Retaining hole doesn't always totally correspond with all motherboards CPU heatsink backplates - just saying. :)

jjustinia11    0

that is the orientation. I have a XFX 6870. I also have the hyper 212+ I could probably just cut out the portion of the cowl that is hitting the bracket. Or just take it off, which is what I have done to far. I guess it is not such a big deal, but you would figure that this would have been considered by the manufacturer. what are you going to do.

that is the orientation. I have a XFX 6870. I also have the hyper 212+ I could probably just cut out the portion of the cowl that is hitting the bracket. Or just take it off, which is what I have done to far. I guess it is not such a big deal, but you would figure that this would have been considered by the manufacturer. what are you going to do.

Hi jjustinia11,

Here's someone else with a XFX 6870 in their HAF X case and how they have it in this case - post# 1242: http://75.126.99.220/showthread.php?t=989658&page=63

This is the type photos I've seen with graphic cards like yours in these cases on the most part.

Maybe that cowl is designed to snugly fit over the graphics card and bracket so to give that side panel fan every opportunity to cool it directly.

nickt1862

TominNJ    0

I don't think it's possible to use the air duct and the bracket. Page 11 of the manual implies this with the warning at the bottom:

"Please install either VGA bracket or side air duct."

I'm in the process of building an HAF X system and trying to decide which I should use. I like the idea of supporting the card with the bracket to relieve the stress on the PCIe slot but I read somewhere that the duct should be left in place for better video cooling. :?:

I don't think it's possible to use the air duct and the bracket. Page 11 of the manual implies this with the warning at the bottom:

"Please install either VGA bracket or side air duct."

I'm in the process of building an HAF X system and trying to decide which I should use. I like the idea of supporting the card with the bracket to relieve the stress on the PCIe slot but I read somewhere that the duct should be left in place for better video cooling. :?:

TominNJ,

At least someone (you) gets it! :mrgreen:

nickt1862

TheBeast    0

I Have the Haf X blue edition, i ran into the same problem.

what i did was take the 4 screw out of the side panel fan cowling and turned the cowling 180 degrees and put the screws back in.

as the cowling doesnt cover the entire lenght of the video cards,

i ordered a 80x15mm fan to put in the advanced gpu holder. which will cover the section of the video cards the cowling isnt directly blowing on.

also plan on installing the air duct which fits around the right side of the video cards near the front of the case with its own fan for some added cooling.

P.S with the cowling turned 180 i havent seen any difference in temps.