Sign in to follow this  
Aslund

CM Stacker - Problems.

Chumly409    0
The usual problem no tray to mount my floppy drive :( , Cant fix in 2 x 80MM at the bottom of the casing(the area to mount another PSU), etc.
Mine was missing the floppy adapters as well, but I fired an email (there's a thread about it here somewhere) and got them within the week.

Not sure what you mean about the 2x80mm issue...

dropper    0
Below are some problems i encounter.

- I find it quite hard to fix in aerogate2? The aergate2 seen cant fix in well and it look like got something poping out from the casing. :? No matter how i adjust the thing it wont align with the casing :( There is two hole to mount the aerogate2 to the casing both holes is either too inside or too outside. Can the company do something about it? The two piece of metal to fix the aerogate2 is too soft. Got a harddddddddddddddddd time screwing it into the stacker.. and i need another person to help me hold the aerogate before i can screw it in! :(

What was suggest to me by Bryant, was to use the rails to help mount the Aerogate II. This seemed to give it some additional support. It will only use one of the two available screw mounts, so you will use the other through the side. Here is how it looked on my case:

CM%20Front%20001%20(Small).jpg

Keith

advertiser    0

- I find it quite hard to fix in aerogate2? The aergate2 seen cant fix in well and it look like got something poping out from the casing. :? No matter how i adjust the thing it wont align with the casing :( There is two hole to mount the aerogate2 to the casing both holes is either too inside or too outside. Can the company do something about it? The two piece of metal to fix the aerogate2 is too soft. Got a harddddddddddddddddd time screwing it into the stacker.. and i need another person to help me hold the aerogate before i can screw it in! :(

What was suggest to me by Bryant, was to use the rails to help mount the Aerogate II. This seemed to give it some additional support. It will only use one of the two available screw mounts, so you will use the other through the side. Here is how it looked on my case:

http://hc-pc.com/images/computer/CM%20F ... 1%20(Small).jpg

Keith

Eh.. don't get what you mean.... Can please give a more detail explaination or pictures all this? :?

[moderator edit: Please do not leave image tags in your quotes. It is not necessary to quote an image that resides just above it. Grump]

Arcey    0

Hi im new to this board : )

Ok as stated earlier in this thread or in another there is a new

"batch" of Stacker available, with minor correction that fixed the

problem of the first "batch" released, correct me if im wrong here.

What i'd like to know is , is there a way to check with my retailer

if the one he got are from the earlier version , the damage one ,

or from the new shipment, either from batch number or in any

other way.

I really like this case but would like to get it right the first time.

Chumly409    0
Ok as stated earlier in this thread or in another there is a new

"batch" of Stacker available, with minor correction that fixed the

problem of the first "batch" released, correct me if im wrong here.

I'm not sure if there was ever a "batch" really. I belive the original complaint was due to a review prior to it's public release. Meaning? The reviewer may have gotten an engineering sample that had the default. I got mine as soon as they hit, and there was no flaws at all.

Retailers (like newegg) carry them, and you can be sure that if it's damaged, it's not due to CM necassarily, or an old "batch".

The only thing you may run into is the lack of a bay device for the floppy, as noted. I'm not sure what CM did to get the exsisting units that were in stock at retailers updated with the new pieces, but as I said...an email to CM got me one quick. But, um...It's a pretty odd mock-up. Their solution feels a little half-baked and I opted just to get my own adapter after trying out the CM rig.

I guess I am writing more to confirm the task. I love the Stacker and want to add an 80mm fan, but from all appearances (and attempts), looks like one has to remove the circular mesh insert on the side panel to screw?

True or False? What size hex is needed, metric or imperial? All in my set are too small or too large.

Also, has anyone drilled the holes to mount a 120mm fan? I plan on doing it once I remove the mesh panel.

Any thoughts?

P.S. I added the Cross Blow Fan, and I guess I like the quiet, but I have doubts about the rated volume (CFM) - any thoughts there too?

Thanks,

DPH

Guest cngn   
Guest cngn

Keith

Anyone know what "rails", Keith is referring to ? I have the same problem the Aerogate protrudes out of the case a good 5mm or more...