Sign in to follow this  
Aslund

CM Stacker - Problems.

Guest dogin   
Guest dogin

Currently have no way of taking a quick picture as I do not use web cams and my digital camera went missing. If I can get a picture I will post it. The plastic putty knife was used so as not to scratch the case and it is just slid from back to front until you hit the locking tab and that raises it up enough to pop one side out and then you just pull it out. Leaving the end of the blade wider by cutting in making a wedge shape, the little triangle shaped end will slide up and catch the locking tab under the bottom cage bezel. You do have to take the first bezel out under the drive cage to reach the first cage bottom bezel. Sorry if it is not clear. It is clear this case is designed for the current high end systems and what is coming that needs all the air flow and two power supplies. The stacker made life a lot easier for me as I can go through at least two more builds with it and hopefully more.

Some 'problems' that could be very easily 'fixed' too on the case:

-the ventilation grill in the bottom looks good, but makes it harder to put stuff on it (like watercooling)

A completly flat bottom would have been way better.

-The ventilation grill is huge on the panel, but what for only put the screw holes for a 80mm fan and not a 120 or at least a 92 ?

-Why dont you remove the pre cut grill on the 4in3 device from factory ?!? There is not one valid reason to let them in place.

Except those annoying details, it really is the best 'affordable' server tower out there.

rz8168    0

Does anyone know where to get revised verson of Stacker? I got a CM stacker from NewEgg and it has dents on top of it which obviously it is the first release.

Grump    0

If you are sure to tell them the reason for your dissatisfaction, they will make sure you get one without the dimples. Please let us know how it goes.

Grump

Karma Ghost    0

NewEgg is great about RMAs.

I learned the hard way when a power supply of mine killed a few of my parts when it failed.

This is why I'm now sticking to name brand PSUs....

Just say you want one of the new revisions and if they have them I'm sure they'll ship it off to you.

orion23    0

Same here. I got one from newegg.com and it had the dents or bumps on top so I returned it.

I ordered a new one from sundialmicro.com

Also, SVC.com has the Cross flow fan in stock for about $35 shipped!

habermehl    0
Good news. I have a customer just came in with a Retail version of the Stacker and the top panel indentation problem had been fixed. There isn't a little bump anymore.

I just got my case from Newegg. It has the two dents in the top panel.

Also, the box appears to have been retaped and one of the styrofoam packing pieces was broken, so I'm thinking NewEgg might have recycled a returned unit. It also has some minor scratches on the back (outward facing) side of the mobo tray; I will RMA it to NewEgg.

advertiser    0

In Singapore we are still getting the old CM stacker. I got mine with all the problems list at the first posting.. lol! The stacker is coooooooooooooooool! Look like a "fat arse" which look so huge. haha. With everything loaded inside the casing can weight more than 20kg :roll: It took me 6 hour to migrate my whole system over. (and of coz loaded all the drives.) and i am totally shag out carry this baby here and there fixing the stuffs. :(

Below are some problems i encounter.

- I find it quite hard to fix in aerogate2? The aergate2 seen cant fix in well and it look like got something poping out from the casing. :? No matter how i adjust the thing it wont align with the casing :( There is two hole to mount the aerogate2 to the casing both holes is either too inside or too outside. Can the company do something about it? The two piece of metal to fix the aerogate2 is too soft. Got a harddddddddddddddddd time screwing it into the stacker.. and i need another person to help me hold the aerogate before i can screw it in! :(

error1.jpg

error2.jpg

- The usual problem no tray to mount my floppy drive :( , Cant fix in 2 x 80MM at the bottom of the casing(the area to mount another PSU), etc.