Sign in to follow this  
Aslund

CM Stacker - Problems.

Aslund    0

I am interested in Cooler Master Stacker, but a review mentions some problem, and I want to knew if these problems will be improved or is there a point with them?

1)

On the top of the case, two visual (symmetrical) dents can be found. It is caused by the tight fit of the top aluminum panel meeting with the vertical steel structures within the case. This may only be present with our review sample and may not be a problem with retail versions. However, we do urge users to make a quick check before purchasing one.

______

2)

The drive bay faceplates are terribly inconvenient to take off or insert back into the casing. Frankly, we were surprised Cooler Master did not make any provision to easily detach the entire front façade, which would have made drive installations or changes a whole lot easier. This is one of the bigger drawbacks to the CM Stacker design.

______

3)

Extracting the dust filter on each of the drive bay faceplates is quite tough and doing this repetitively could even damage the mesh of the faceplate. Cooler Master could have spent a little more time to design an easier solution to extract the dust filter. Our suggestion for now is to wash the entire faceplate and dry it thoroughly, which saves time and effort

______

4)

The PSU faceplate that double up as additional locations for 80mm case fan installations is not equipped with enough mounting holes to prevent vibration when higher speed case fans are affixed to it.

______

5)

Installing drives or accessories with rails wasn't exactly a smooth experience. The clearance on the casing is a tad tight and requires you to nudge and squeeze the drive in. Once the drive's tail fits in and catches the rail lines on the casing, sliding the drive to its flushed position is a cinch. The good thing about the tight fit is that the case aids to cut down on drive vibrations.

______

6)

Note that the casing did not ship with an instruction manual. You will have to download the PDF version from the product page on their website.

All opinions is taken from these review: http://www.hardwarezone.com/articles/view.php?cid=22&id=1121

Sorry for the late reply, we had our holiday weekend here in US. Please note that these problems had been look over by our headquarter in Taipei. I have not recieve the retail version yet therefore I am answer base on the one I have here.

1) The two symmetrical dents are also visible on the Stacker I have here. I looked and found that those are where the screww of the aluminum panel meeting the vertical steel structures within the case.

2) These drive bay faceplates seem inconvenient at first but yet very simple to remove. Just a simple push from the back of the faceplate within the case should do the trick. Try pushing one corner at a time for easy access. The reason why we did not do the entire front facade is because not all of our consumers will use up 11 of these drive bays. To make them all attach will be difficult for those who only want to use 1 or 2. This option gives the consumer a choice of picking which drive bay at which position they prefer.

3) This option should be easy with a quick wash and try like the write mentioned. Like I said earlier, it's not hard to remove these faceplates.

4) These PSU faceplate that double up as additional locations for fans comes with 4 mounting holes for each fans. Isn't that all the mounting holes you'll need?

5) This problem had been corrected in the retail version. I will edit this post once I get the revision product.

6) Manual will be shipped with retail version.

Good news. I have a customer just came in with a Retail version of the Stacker and the top panel indentation problem had been fixed. There isn't a little bump anymore.

Guest dogin   
Guest dogin

No dents on mine. For front individual bezel removal, I bought a 1 1/2" plastic putty knife and cut in on the blade about 1/4" and angeled in toward the handle to about 1/2". It works great to slide from the inside of the case under the lip of locking mechanism. It will even angel up under the 4 to 3 cage going from the bottom up.

Also read of some floppy install problems when moving 4 to 3 cage and using the 120mm fan. Found that hard drive adapter (5" to 3 1/4") brackets mounted on the back two floppy drive mounting holes with the stacker drive braket locks screwed on works just fine. Everything lines up perfectly to the front bezel. I just cannot get over this case. It is fantastic, but I want the side window panel!!!!!!!!

No dents on mine. For front individual bezel removal, I bought a 1 1/2" plastic putty knife and cut in on the blade about 1/4" and angeled in toward the handle to about 1/2". It works great to slide from the inside of the case under the lip of locking mechanism. It will even angel up under the 4 to 3 cage going from the bottom up.

Also read of some floppy install problems when moving 4 to 3 cage and using the 120mm fan. Found that hard drive adapter (5" to 3 1/4") brackets mounted on the back two floppy drive mounting holes with the stacker drive braket locks screwed on works just fine. Everything lines up perfectly to the front bezel. I just cannot get over this case. It is fantastic, but I want the side window panel!!!!!!!!

Very helpful hint dogin. Could you provide some pictures? Thanks in advance.

N|x    0

Very helpful hint dogin. Could you provide some pictures? Thanks in advance.

Ditto on that, pictures would be much appreciated :D