Sign in to follow this  
Grump

Grump's Wave

Mr. Miyagi    2
I have already posted a few pics of the project on Twisted and I hope to post the finished pictures when it's done. That will be at least another week or 2. 'Course, they could ban me first. ;)

Grump

They banned you? :? Well the forums there are kind of wacked....

[Off Topic] Just saw your last post about the Aria... There are some a-holes on that board. They need moderators like you. [/Off topic]

Lucy-fer    0

Nice mod, even though the color mix ain't my favorite... But: you shouldn't butter your CPU like that, it can worsen your temperatures... An overclocker giving some advice ;)

Grump    0

Hi Lucy_fer,

Glad to see you made it in.

I'm glad you said something. Too much, hu? I was wondering about that, but nobody really says how much is too much. So, how much is just right? I'll have to remove the Hyper 6 for a trip soon, so I can make it right when I get where I'm goin'.

Thanks for the warning, although I don't over-tax the CPU and haven't experienced any heating problems.

Appreciate your advice on this.

Mr. Miyagi, no, they haven't banned me -- yet. ;) They could, if I piss enough people off. I am far too opinionated for my own good sometimes.

Grump

Lucy-fer    0

Hi, thank you for the welcome Grumpy (may I call you grumpy? :D )

Well, in fact, the layer must be very thin, just thick enough to barely see the inscriptions on your CPU. The thermal paste is needed to fill in the microscopic gaps in the heatspreader/core and the bottom of the heatsink. But it shouldn't be the interface used as is, as thermal resistance is higher then that of the copper or aluminium of your heatsink...

PS: I'm a geek and love electronics and computers ^^ So, for any hardware question, or watercooling question, I can help you (maybe other people too)...

Grump    0

pssssst

pssssssssssst

pssssst, hey you. Got a minute?

C'mere, I wanna show you somethin'.

Hu? Yeah, I'm whisperin' 'cause there's a couple of people I don't want to hear me. They're jealous, ya know. That's why, yeah. So, we'll just talk real quiet here now, 'K?

A while back I got ta thinkin' about that Aerogate 1 mod I did. You know, where I cut a piece of photo gel and put it behind the acrylic face plate to make it look orange, like the side window? Well, like I said, I was thinkin' maybe it don't really go with the front -- the way I got the foggy yellow around the DVD an' floppy -- it just looks kinda out of place. Not consistent like.

gc741tn.jpg

So, what I was thinkin...

shhhhh, I don't want that BalefireX, danwatt or isisfreak from GideonTech Forums ta hear -- they's just really jealous, ya know. what I was thinkin' was maybe I should do some a that foggy stuff aroun' the holes an' things. Make it look like the rest a the front.

So, I yank off the front...

gc918tn.jpg

And do a little powder coating, a little foggy yellow paint...

gc932tn.jpg

Yeah, I do that stuff in my back yard. Nuthin' to it. I powder coat ALL the time.

accchem... 'ough -- cough

So, I jest throw that front plate back on -- with some different screws, o' course...

gc939tn.jpg

MAN, don't that look pertty? Sure glad I thoughta that. You can click any of the pics up there to see a bigger'n. I am just SO proud a myself...

Okaaay, okay, so it wasn't my idea. So maybe the comments of BalefireX, danwatt and that isisfreak had somethin' ta do with it. An maybe I don't do no powder coatin' in my back yard -- I painted the yellow on there though. And it was my idear about the screws too. Sooo? It's not like they came up with the whole Grump Case idea...

But, yes, they have contributed.

Thank you BalefireX.

Thank you danwatt.

Thank you isisfreak.

And thank ever'one else who's contributed to my worklog here on the Cooler Master Forums and on GideonTech. I'm not quite done. There's some details to take care of, but it's close...

real close...

gc945.jpg

Hybrid-Mods    0

Grump nice, reviewing the last page.. you buttered your cpu real good.. I have never seen that much thermal paste on a cpu.. I usually just put a little amount.. about the size of a uncooked grain in the middle of my cpu's heatspreader. The heatsink will squeeze it where it needs it the most.

Nice knob area fogging, helps grab my attention towards the knobs.

Booradley    0

Very nice work GRUMP. Congrats on getting it done

Side question. What kind of keyboard is that?

Wacft    0

Hello Mr.Grump

I just want to give you major props on your case. You did every part of your computer like that part was the most important. Maybe after this mod project CM will rethink the stick on bezel covers.

Grump    0

Thank you, everyone. Remember though, I'm not done yet. Just a bit more and look for another entry in the worklog or two.

The keyboard is a True-Touch, by Manhattan. It's cordless and isn't bad. I'm still getting used to it. and it's not sitting at the position or height that I would normally use it. I think it might look good in school bus yellow.

hmmmmm