Sign in to follow this  
flybuster20

Any guide on overclocking for beginner?

You will need to provide more information on your system. Once you have more information, i suggest you to places like overclock.net for info on how to overclock. Just keep in mind overclocking does void your cpu warranty.

flybuster20    0

i already change my motherboard.now im using ASUS.but..still i wanna know alot about overclocking.i already tried the default overclock profile,but my pc hang if i set more then 10%.grr...i wanna overclock more :? ,my cpu tempreture is still really low its like 40C.but y my system hang?anyone can teach me how to solve this prob pls..

pcjunkie209    0

First off it all depends on what Mobo and CPU or chipset you are using. And never use the presets that come with the board I am yet to find one that works I always have to change something. For instance if you are using X58 and i7 920 or 930 and you want 4ghz then all u need to change is CPU voltage to 1.35v and QPI to 1.2-1.25v and downclock ram then bump up BCLK till it says u are at 4ghz. I have ran stable 4ghz for folding on my i7 930 for months. Once u are stable go back to ram settings and bump up ram close to specs. Now beware of your temps I don't recommend temps above 75c. So watch your temps. If u are on water or a good air cooler u should be ok. Hope this helps.