Sign in to follow this  
hirschma

Get rid of Stacker Control Panel?

xstax    0

I shoulda asked before but what card did you end up using for your raid 5? I was running a 4 disk Raid 5 but the card resently :) the bed on me. I'm planning to get a new case and I'm considering doing another raid 5.

merovingian    0
Supermicro CSE-M35T-1B. About $115 at newegg, pretty decent quality, too.
Uhh, how exactly are you cooling those drives? Also, CM does rackmount storage cases?

hirschma    0
I shoulda asked before but what card did you end up using for your raid 5? I was running a 4 disk Raid 5 but the card resently :) the bed on me. I'm planning to get a new case and I'm considering doing another raid 5.

Using a 3ware 9500 series. Very solid under Linux, if not the fastest in the world. The newer 9550 series offers a drop-in upgrade, and i might look into it.

hirschma    0
Supermicro CSE-M35T-1B. About $115 at newegg, pretty decent quality, too.
Uhh, how exactly are you cooling those drives?

Drives need cooling? ;) The Supermicro has a 90mm fan to do the trick, and I'm using Seagates which run very cool overall. No issues.

Also, CM does rackmount storage cases?

Is that a question? Statement? If CM does rackmount stuff, I can't find it. Are you referring to the drive cages that CM sells? If so, they really aren't appropriate to what I'm doing.

jh