Sign in to follow this  
Rychiar

Can I connect a water block to my GPU using the Aquagate I

Bio-Hazard    0

Just about any GPU block with 1/4 inch fittings will work with the Aquagate. Now the question is will the unit handle the extra heat load if you're already running a hot OC'd CPU. That's a pretty small radiator in there.

rijko    0

watercooling considerations....

just read an interesting article on watercooling & OCing.

The outcome was that watercooling is great, silent, effective etc.

But since watercooling is very specific it leaves other mobo components without cooling. Components surrounding the CPU for instance were most affected - where aircoolers would blow some wind around and cool those components, watercooling leaves those running HOT.

In effect reducing the mobo life expectancy bigtime on standard setups, and sometimes destroying mobos that are OC'ed.

The article was backed up by temperature readings that are scary !

I love watercooling. The looks are awesome, it's quiet, you guys know all about it..

For my server though i will not take the risk of (earlier) mobo failure and go with CM aircooling.

I expect some flaming since some guys have overclocked a 2.4 Ghz Intel to 3000+ on watercooling and ofcourse without problems.

But errmm... just FYI.... my 2 cents...

Mr. Miyagi    2

Just to clarify, you don't only use water cooling. You still have to have fans in your computer to keep the case temp down.

rijko    0

yeah, i know.. but the area around the CPU is usually cooled more active than just by case temperature - the point of this article was that using watercooling, there is no cpu fan blowing around the cpu.