Sign in to follow this  
Rychiar

Can I connect a water block to my GPU using the Aquagate I

Rychiar    0

I know it doesnt come this way, but would it work if I decide to add one to it and run it thru the aquagate? Would it work better than a normal GPU fan? I am trying to decide if I can do this or just add a Arctic Cooling VGA Cooler, Model "ATI silencer 4".

What do you guys recommend would be more effective? I mean if the Aquagate can handle the load of the GPU as well then I will go that route.

Here is my system specs if needed:

Athlon 64 FX-53,ASUS SK8V,OCZ 2048mb of PC3500, ATI X800XT PE,2x7200RPM 120 gig RAID 0,Audigy 2 ZS Plat. Pro,Aquagate Liquid Cooling System

Rychiar    0

Also is the clicking noise a norm for this device? Sometimes when I power up the unit it starts clicking. Other times it does not. Sometimes a simple reboot will fix the problem in a snap. I opened up the Aquagate case and noticed it is the pump that is making the noise and moving it around dampens the sound. So it must be a issue with the pump. Like I said tho it is more of an annoyance than a problem. It really only does it maybe 30% of the time powering it up.

Anyway, Would it be ok to just use my own block? I mean if thats all it will be, then I can add a block made for the x800.

Bio-Hazard    0

This is from a thermal engineer friend of mine that designes computer water cooling systems.

In one simple word, cavitation is happening.

Webster's definition: cavitation: the process of cavitating: as a : the formation of partial vacuums in a liquid by a swiftly moving solid body (as a propeller) or by high-intensity sound waves.

"The suction side of the impeller goes below the vapor pressure of the liquid. Therefore it creates vapor bubbles, but then the vapor bubbles collapse before leaving the pump as the pressure increases. Thus, the noise. As the person applies pressure to the rear of the pump, it slows down the impeller along with the pressure and the noise goes away. The pump can be regulated with a rheostat to control the flow pressure rather than putting pressure at the rear of the pump which in turn causes extreme wear on the shaft and bearings."

I think the add-on to cool your GPU is going to be released soon for the Aquagate.

How soon? :)

Also will it really be an addon (man I hope so!) or an entirely new machine.