Sign in to follow this  
footman

What's with the specs of the R4? It makes no sense CM....

footman    0

What's wrong with these specs???

R4-C2R-20AC-GP 2000rpm, 69cfm and 19db.......

R4-L2R-20CG-GP 2000rpm, 90cfm and 19db.......

R4-L2R-20AC-GP 2000rpm, 69cfm and 19db.......

R4-L2R-20CR-GP 2000rpm, 90cfm and 19db.......

What the heck?? First of all these fans look to be exactly the same R4 fans, same design, same input voltage, same current, same number of blades, same max rpm's. Huge difference in rated CFM's as well as noise. How are you testing these fans to get these specifications? 19db and 90CFM's at 2000rpm's....I don't think so........

How about a little honesty? I pulled these statistics from your usa website. Are you sure you want to tell people that some 2000 rpm R4 fans push 68cfm's at 19db and some push 90cfm's at 19db? The quietest fans I have here are Scythe Gentle Typhoons 1850rpm fans that push 58.3 cfm's at 28db......

Can anyone explain these results please?

Cheers,

footman    0

What no one, not even CM have any response??? Come on guys how about some answers?? Moderators how about getting in touch with some technical guys???

Cheers,

boredgunner    0

The official specs are 1800 RPM/69.69 CFM/19 DBA. A fan controller is needed to get to 2000 RPM/90 CFM/23 DBA. Don't take the decibel rating seriously but they are quiet.

footman    0
The official specs are 1800 RPM/69.69 CFM/19 DBA. A fan controller is needed to get to 2000 RPM/90 CFM/23 DBA. Don't take the decibel rating seriously but they are quiet.

Well that makes no sense are you telling me that these fans can be over-volted above 12V, I don't think so............

These fans are designed to be connected via 3pin and pull 12V from motherboard or 12V from 4 pin Molex..... Fan controller!!! How about some honest specs CM....

footman    0
The fans are spec'ed according to what the specs are on the packaging. They are roughly similar, but as you can see the airflow is different.

No offense but this statement is nonsense........

Cliffro    0

I have 3 of the R4-L2R-20CR-GP's and I have to say they are the loudest fans in my HAF 912 with all fan slots full.

I have 2(R4's) in the front, and the 3rd(R4) on the side panel. I also have 2 T.B. Silence 120mm's on top, and one of the 2 fans that came with the case in the rear spot.

The T.B. Silence's are super quiet as are the stock fans that came with the 912, So while the R4's are much quieter than my old TT Thunderblades, I think the 19db rating is off by quite a bit.

But I will defend them in that while a little noisy, they sure move more air then any of my other fans. And Enermax fibbed on the CFM rating on the TB Silence...no where near 70CFM, but indeed very close to the 11db.

I do have 1 major complaint with both types of CM fans, they both stank like crazy for the first day or so. The stock fans from the 912 being the strongest smell, but the R4's taking longer to go away.