Sign in to follow this  
coyote

2-pin adaptor (to 3 or 4 pin)?

coyote    0

How please can I connect the 2-pin female connector of

CoolerMaster's "Storm Force 200mm Blue LED" R4-LUS-10AB-GP

http://www.coolermaster-usa.com/product.php?product_id=2917

to standard 3-pin female or 4-pin male molex (I don't have a Storm case)?

I guess I'm seeking advice on an adaptor, or on rigging a connection. I'm not an electrical wiz, but am *very* motivated because at 142cfm this fan moves much more air than it's competition like the 110cfm CoolerMaster "Megaflow".

(I see in Comments at http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductReview.aspx?Item=N82E16835103068 that without proper connection, people burn the LEDs out.)

FYI, I will always want the fan at full speed; I'll be delighted if the LEDs simply turn on/off when the computer turns on/off.

Thank you very much for any help, I would *love* to buy some of these fans!

The fan in question is only for the Storm series of cases, specifically the Storm Sniper. The 2 pin is only voltage and ground, it will not report any RPM speed, it will only turn the led on/off. The molex is what provides power to fan itself.

coyote    0
The fan in question is only for the Storm series of cases, specifically the Storm Sniper. The 2 pin is only voltage and ground, it will not report any RPM speed, it will only turn the led on/off. The molex is what provides power to fan itself.
thank you for your reply neverXmiss, I'm sorry I didn't make it clear that I understand that the molex already powers the fan. And that I don't care if fan RPM is reported.

but I do want the LEDs to turn on/off (at least when the computer turns on/off), so I would be very grateful if someone can please say how I can connect that 2-pin.

coyote    0
It was not designed to work with any other computer case except the storm sniper.
thank you for your reply, neverXmiss; I had hoped to make it clear I knew that when I wrote "to standard 3-pin female or 4-pin male molex (I don't have a Storm case)" in my initial post.
The fan will not work properly with a NON storm sniper case.
the quote "an electrically savvy person could wire the LEDs to work" in that newegg url in my initial post led me to hope otherwise. if my hope wasn't misplaced, perhaps some electrically savvy person will be so kind as to tell me how to make it work, or suggest another hardware forum when I might get such advice please.