Sign in to follow this  
anon696

more power!!!

anon696    0

hi, first off i want to say that i love cooler master products. i built my new pc with mostly CM components and wow! with that being said i do have one problem. it seems that i need a few more power connectors. i have a COOLER MASTER Silent Pro 700 which i love because it powers my pc. the only problem is that i just bought a bigger SSD but i cant install it due to the fact that i have ran out of sata power connectors.

so my question is....

A) where can i get more sata power connectors for my modular power supply.

B) can those new cables be pluged into the pci-e plugs (the grey plugs)?

any and all help will be appreciated. thnx in advance.

-oscar

anon696    0

thnx for the help Mr. Miyagi! hmmmmm, so does this mean that i cant buy the modular sata power cables from cooler master? that was the option i was hoping to get. i think im gonna keep looking thnx again.

anon696    0
You can swap out the 4 pin molex cable with extra Sata cables. The cables are available for purchase on the CM store.

http://cmstore.coolermaster-usa.com/product_info.php?cPath=18_25&products_id=387

WIN!!! thnx for the answer!!! so does this mean i can use these in the plugs for the pci express?? those are the only plugs that i have available. thnx for the help!!

clorenz    2

No, those are the same as the other molex/sata modular cables. They plug into the single inline 5pin connector.

anon696    0
No, those are the same as the other molex/sata modular cables. They plug into the single inline 5pin connector.

thnx everyone for the help! bought a new cable just a few minutes ago. i hope to get it soon!