Sign in to follow this  
TEC Diver

Can I use the V10 with the Stacker 831 and Corsair Dominator

TEC Diver    0

Hello

I have a Stacker 831 Case with the 4 Fan door. In this case I want to install the V10 with Corsair Dominator GT Rams. The motherboard will be a Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD7. CPU will be Intel I7 - 950. Will this all work together?

clorenz    2

You will most likely lose 2 fans or all 4. The v10 is a rather large cooler. In fact I can't even access 3 upper mb screws with the cooler installed. I was lucky to get my fingers under the cooler to plug in my 4 + 4 power connector

clorenz    2

Well there we go, I wasn't sure if one of our beta testers had that case or not and could answer the question. But one did :cheers:

Not much. The concern would be the relative position where the CPU is located on the motherboard. That would determine which fan/s you need to take off for the fan door to fit.

TEC Diver    0

Yes, thats a good point! This explains why it works by one with the Fan door and by someone else not. I hope I can keep the door by mine. :?

How is it with the DDR3? On monday I can pick up the V10. I will put it on the motherboard to measure the space out. It would help me a lot if someone could tell me the size of the Corsair Dominator GT. I guess all Dominator GTs have the same size just the chips are different!? :!::?:

Thanks for all the great help!!!

TEC Diver    0

Hi

I have about 55mm space between the motherboard and the V10. I need to know now the Size of the Corsair Dominator GT. Can someone please tell me where I can find this out? I looked at the Corsair Homepage but no results I find!