Sign in to follow this  
yugo23

Does the side fan on Sniper hel with GPU cooling at all?

yugo23    0

I installed Megaflow 200mm fan (didn't know they are different from the fans that came with my case), and there was absolutelly no change in GPU temps. Not even one degree. CPU does run just a tiny bit cooler.

If side fan doesn't help, is there any other way to cool GPU down? My 5770 reaches around 80 C at full load.

CharlyZX2    0

The fan is entering air to your Case???

Your GPU have the fan at 100% Speed??

If you feel that your GPU is not having good temps maybe you can check another aftermarket coolers for the 5770.

Cya.

EsaT    0

The truth is that side fans are way overhyped.

In worst case they can even increase temperature by messing case airflow and as GPUs is under its own active HSF outside airflow has very little if any effect to its temperature.

5770 reached 80C in this test:

http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/video/display/radeon-hd5770-hd5750_5.html#sect0

Then again that was in FurMark which is lot heavier than games...

Bonta    0

Sidepanel fans do very little with GPU temps. Most video cards (upper-entry to highend) cooling is closed and one-way. Intake through one end (usually near front) and exhaust in the back. That is why such cards are double-space thick with exhaust vents on the back. And sidepanel fans may disrupt airflow of the case and may increase temps in some cases. The only way I see side panel fans affecting GPU temps if the video card has an open-ended HSF (found in most low to mid-entry GPUs). So far, rear GPU exhaust setup like in ATCS 840 does a better job with GPUs than sidepanel fans since it creates a sort of push-pull airflow. That's something I miss a lot when I change my tower from ATCS 840 to CM 690 II Advance. Its all about consistent airflow, not number of fans.