the.ronin

Please Sell Fans With LED On/Off Wiring in U.S.

the.ronin    0

I know CM currently sells the 200 mm Storm Force LED fans with the on/off wiring for the Storm Sniper. But what about is Storm Scout peoples?

I was even told by a CM service rep (Marvin) that I couldn’t even buy the stock red 120 mm red LED fans that come stock on the Scout – unless it broke then I had to eRMA it. I find that kind of odd. :|

I know CM makes the 120 mm LED fans in blue (R4-L2S-12FB-GP) with the LED on/off wiring but nobody seems to carry them in the U.S. I am still trying to hunt down 140 mm LED fans with the LED on/off wiring to replace the top exhaust fan of the Scout.

In the meantime, I’ve hacked away at the LEDs in my Scout to get the desired effect ... :D

scoutblue1.jpg

scoutblue2.jpg

What say you, CM? Please please please consider selling these fans in 120 mm and 140 mm in the U.S. :(

the.ronin    0

Thanks, Charly. Oh believe me I have looked everywhere for these fans in the U.S. A rep at Performance PCs is even asking CM directly for me. As far as I have found, the Storm Force is the only fan that CM sells in the U.S. that has the LED on/off wiring. They sell it in red and blue but it only comes in 200 mm ... no dice for the Storm Scout.

As an aside, I plan on adding some blue cathode lighting as well. :)

the.ronin    0

Thanks, Charly. Oh believe me I have looked everywhere for these fans in the U.S. A rep at Performance PCs is even asking CM directly for me. As far as I have found, the Storm Force is the only fan that CM sells in the U.S. that has the LED on/off wiring. They sell it in red and blue but it only comes in 200 mm ... no dice for the Storm Scout.

As an aside, I plan on adding some blue cathode lighting as well. :)

I'll be kitting out a Cosmos II in the next few days. I've had to give up on Cooler Master's fans - I live in the UK and I can't find them here or anywhere else. They're on sites for sale, it's just that no-one seems to have any.

I decided to get some of these http://www.enermax.com/home.php?fn=eng/ ... 1=13&no=31 instead - they have a toggle microswitch for the LED control but I figure if I hack those off and replace them with suitable 2-pin connectors, I'll be sorted. I'll let you know how well it worked after I've put it together over the weekend.

Sorry CM - I'd have bought yours, but there just weren't any of them around when I needed them.

wajones    0

These fans are now sold at Performance PCs, I purchased 5 of them with the intent to install a common switch to turn the led's on or off all at once.

Trouble is that each fan has a 2 pin lead that you short to turn the led's on, how can I wire them to work off one common switch.