Sign in to follow this  
bigdogmn73

ATCS840 5.25" drive bay doesn't allow dvd device.

bigdogmn73    0

I'm not able to get my 5.25" DVD drive to fit in the opening on my QTCS840 case. I've never run into this before it just doesn't fit. My DVD player is Plextor DVD/CD rewriter made Dec 2003 so I'm not sure why this won't fit. Any one else have this issue?

pcew    0

Well all 5.25" drives are made to fit 5.25" drive bays. If you tried in all of the drive bays and fits none of those then it could be the drive itself that is misaligned.

bigdogmn73    0

I haven't tried to put my dvd player in all the slots and I only want it in one spot. I agree that a 5.25" device should fit in a 5.25" slot. That's kind of my point. I've had 6-8 cases in my day and never had an issue like this before.

The issue is that I just try to put the drive into the slot and it's like trying to fit a square peg into a round hole. The thing just doesn't fit. It's a standard DVD unit and it fits great in other cases just fine. In fact I just had a another coolermaster Cosmos case and it fit perfect in that case.

coolmiester    0

Is it the top bay you are trying to fit it into??

I've noticed they sort of rounded the very top corners off of the top drive bay on the 840 for some reason which doesn't make for a good fit with Bay Reservoirs.

touch_screen_4.jpg

bigdogmn73    0

Yep! It's the top bay. Maybe I'll try the second bay and see how that goes. I was just going to buy a external drive as I always like the idea of having the front of the case clear of extra stuff. I do like the screen you have on that picture provided.