Sign in to follow this  
MechPilot

Should I be worried about my SilentPro 850w?

MechPilot    0

just read up on this fairly extensive review and comparison on http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/ha ... up-22.html

I have to say I'm not to pleased to hear about the performance of the 850w at higher stress levels. Seeing the mention of a "Dr. Jekyll / Mr. Hyde" quality makes me a bit weary :? So I decided to stop by and see if anyone has actually experienced this "plaintive wail" for themselves ?

I had looked at this system for a few reasons

1: Im sooo over the whole "Its Corsair or nothing" phase.

2: The six PCI-e is sexy lol

3. cant say ive heard of too many Bad coolermaster products.

4: it will look awsome in my CM690 case.

Im not going to regret this will I?

Maxession    1

Never look at just 1 review, I always usually check at 2 or more of decent websites to have a good idea of the quality of a product.

For example; HW secrets gives it their gold award and it performs very well if you take a look at their tests.

MechPilot    0

Well Ive seen many others likes hardwarereviews ect. I was just a bit worried when they almost made it thier buisness to mention it like that.

Also it wont sway my view, heck the thing is literaly sitting right next to me lol. Just want to make sure everything goes well.

Zenphic    0

I wouldn't worry about it. The power supply seems to only falter at the extreme load of their HWC testing.

If you read their testing methodology, you would know that they're putting a really big (and unconventional) load on the power supply and, unless you have the same configuration and are planning to load test the power supply for days, you aren't going to have problems with the power supply.

MechPilot    0

well after using a power supply tester I recently purchased I think everything should be fine. light for 4-pin was green, 6-pin Green, The Sata Green, 20-24pin Green. The beep from tester was smooth so im happy! Though I have to say I had NO idea how quiet newer PSU's were. I mean I had to look through the bottom just to make sure the fan was spinning when I turned it on, because having it out and right in front of me I wouldn't have known the difference lol.