Sign in to follow this  
David12king

Does the Storm Sniper side panel noticeably help with noise?

David12king    0

I looked at the window panel for the Storm Sniper and noticed that "reducing noise leaks" is one of the listed features. Does the window panel significantly help in that manner?

My system is pretty quiet but there's still some lower frequency noise that gets annoying.

EsaT    0

Relatively thick acrylic window is acoustically way better than non-existing default cheesegrater side and also better than thin metal panel...

But as front is fully open plugging side doesn't help really any and only way is to prevent sound being created.

So with side open start checking different parts: Do you feel vibration in HDD cage? What about are frames of those big fans vibrating?

David12king    0

I figured with all the open mesh it'd be hard to do anything about it.

It's really nothing ridiculously loud. My CPU cooler, GPU cooler, case fans, and hard drives are practically silent from a meter away. Most of the sound comes from the PSU. Don't get me wrong, it's pretty quiet but I can definitely hear the fan making a slight hum even 3 meters away. I guess I could replace the fan on it if need be.