Sign in to follow this  
footman

Interesting cold boot issue with new silent pro 850W

footman    0

I finally decided to replace my 3 year old 750W PC Power quad with the 850W silent pro, I have a 5780 currently and want the extra power to run crossfire.

Anyhow, love the flat cables, make my case look a lot neater.

I appear to have developed a new issue with this PSU.

When I boot the PC up in the morning (I turn it off at night), the lights come on and the fans spin up but no post screen or boot in to windows!!! In order to get a post screen and be able to boot in to windows I need to power off the pc by pressing the power button 4 secs and then power up again!!! On the second time it boots perfectly. I have an AsRock Supercomputer motherboard and an i920 and 3x2gb pc 1600ddr.

The only things I can think of that will stop post are power supply and motherboard. Looking in the bios shows 12V rail at 11.84V.......

Any ideas????

Cheers,

EsaT    0

Wanting to run triple crossfire with everything heavily overclocked?

HD5870's FurMark peak draw is 160W, in games it wil lbe closer to 110W.

As everything worked normally with previous PSU motherboard problem is unlikely, unless it for some reason decided to develop some problem. Does it work normally if you change old PSU back?

footman    0

As everything worked normally with previous PSU motherboard problem is unlikely, unless it for some reason decided to develop some problem. Does it work normally if you change old PSU back?

In all fairness I have moved the old PSU to a different pc, so I guess it makes sense to pull it out an retest to make sure the issue is not motherboard related. I was just interested to learn if anyone else on these forums had experienced anything similar with this psu?

Cheers,

footman    0

In all fairness I have moved the old PSU to a different pc, so I guess it makes sense to pull it out an retest to make sure the issue is not motherboard related. I was just interested to learn if anyone else on these forums had experienced anything similar with this psu?

Cheers,

Motherboard issue, will RMA the board and keep the PSU. It turns out that one of the capacitors might be at fault.

EsaT    0
It turns out that one of the capacitors might be at fault.
Some capacitor bulging up?

What brand caps did Asrock but there?

footman    0
It turns out that one of the capacitors might be at fault.
Some capacitor bulging up?

What brand caps did Asrock but there?

I think it was a chemicon capacitor, its fixed now anyhow.