Sign in to follow this  
MUYA

Aquagate & FX-53?

MUYA    0

Hey guys, I got the Aquagate as a birthday present a few months back. I intended to use it on the Barton I had but with impending pricecuts from AMD on the cards, I opted to wait it out for A64 CPUs. Now a few months later, I got the chance of buying a FX53 at relatively cheap price with a mobo. That FX53 arrives tommorow :D And that leads me to my question, will the aquagate be enuff for the FX53?

And how do I check the system for airbubbles and leaks before applying the aquagate to the CPU setup? I mean is there a guide on the net etc? I read in these very forums someone tried to do that but, the aquagate would shut down or something. I also intend to install it in the Front drive bays

Any helps and positive comments (wrt Aquagate) appreciated :D

Although it maybe a no no in these forums, I have a Lian Li PCV1000 case and the aquagate is going to look sweet with that Aluminum case internally mounted on the front drive bays :D

Bio-Hazard    0

Acording to the specs it will work on all the K8 sockets:

"Application AMD K7 (socket 462), K8 (socket 754/939/940) and Intel P4 (socket 478) "

Easiest way to do a leak test is to connect all the tubes and wires according to the instructions. Disconnect the ATX power connector from the MoBo and put a jumper wire between the green wire and one of the black wires. This lets you power up the cooling system without powering up the computer. Note: make sure you turn on the PSU with the switch on the PSU if it has one........................ :shock:

FX-53's should run hot, but you should trust CM :D .

cooler than prescott. :D

but if you're looking for better performance, the hyper6 is better.

or LR watercooling products. they are much better than Dangerden or swiftech.

MUYA    0

Thanks for the replies. I just wanted to make sure the aquagate would sufficiently transfer heat away. I will try it out and if it doesn't do as I expect I will probably get a hyper6 as reccomended,