Sign in to follow this  
Rhimes

Radiator for ATCS 840

EsaT    0
Moving over to 3 x 1200rpm 24db Slipstream fans resulted in a whopping 10 degree extra delta on my water block..... I do have a 360 rad that is also optimized for low spinning fans as well.....
Slipstream has very small motor hub so dead airflow area is probably half compared to standard 12cm fan and bigger fans just tend to have bigger hubs. You have to remember that areas of radiator without airflow don't do work.

Also as bigger fans turn slower pressure is decreased especially nearer hub where linear blade speed becomes very low making impedance tolerance low.

In case of Raven 2 there's then that cheap stamped bottom mesh adding some impedance which might be enough with radiator to bring airflow crashing down to ground.

I think the 230mm fans will do the job. I don't think static pressure is an issue as the 200mm side case fan (stock) on my CM Cosmos s sucks in a whole lot of air to keep my Accelero-modded 4870x2 ice cold while OC'd.