Sign in to follow this  
Rhimes

Radiator for ATCS 840

Rhimes    0

Hi,

Has anyone found a radiator to fit the 230mm fans on the ATCS 840? I love them - nice and quiet, and was wondering if anyone had made one that size yet. I don't want to swap down to 120mm fans.

Coolermaster -any chance of making something to fit?

Rhimes

biggatomic    0

you could do this

Just before i started chopping this ATCS 840 chassis up i thought i'd give this top 360 radiator mounting a go using the included brackets.

I set it up using the two stock 230mm fans pulling through the radiator but it could also be mounted using any three 120mm fans which no doubt a lot of folk will do (not sure which option i'll go for just yet)

I got to say it all works really well though one thing i would add is a small blank plate or tape up the side gap of the 230mm fans so all air is directed through the radiator.

Just got to work out what to do with the grill now??

atc_7.jpg

atc_9.jpg

atc_10.jpg

atc_12.jpg

atc_11.jpg

footman    0

I just finished some testing of my own with faster spinning 180mm fans on a Raven 2 case and I can tell you that two 180mm slow spinning fans did not produce enough static pressure to cool radiator sufficiently. Moving over to 3 x 1200rpm 24db Slipstream fans resulted in a whopping 10 degree extra delta on my water block..... I do have a 360 rad that is also optimized for low spinning fans as well.....

xeffexts989    0

I did this with my ATCS build a while ago, and it actually does work. Besides being much quieter than 3x120mm fans, I saw almost no difference in temps with my cpu. I used an XSPC RX360 and a Switftech GTZ on a Q6600.

Wazooty    0

I've read that a normal sized rad with 3 120 millimeter fans will fit even with the 230 mm fans still in there. But it wasn't exactly desirable since they spun at different rates and air was being sucked out at the same rate it was being pushed through.

Is this true?

I'd want to try with all 3 configs to see the difference. If I could get similar performance without the need for 120mm fans that'd be great. Quietest WC setup ever.

footman    0
I did this with my ATCS build a while ago, and it actually does work. Besides being much quieter than 3x120mm fans, I saw almost no difference in temps with my cpu. I used an XSPC RX360 and a Switftech GTZ on a Q6600.

I guarantee you that with this XSPC rad you will see much better results with 120mm fans than the slow spinning fans that come as standard with the case...... It is airflow through the rad that cools the liquid, the more airflow through the rad the greater the cooling, simple physics... Use some 1850 rpm gentle typhoons and see the difference....

xeffexts989    0

I said I noticed no difference in temps. Note I compared it with three S-Flex's undervolted to around 800-900 rpm. The XSPC rad performs well with low speed fans with the less restrictive fins compared to other rads, so you still get significant air flow even if there is less static pressure. Running 1850rpm fans, you'll get better performance, but you'll also get into the unbearably loud category for me, especially with 3 of them.