Sign in to follow this  
fadsarmy

PSU Installation

fadsarmy    1

Hello. In the cases where you have to install psu at bottom can you install it either way or only one way? I don't like installing PSU with 120mm PSU fan facing down because it inhales a lot of dust.

I was thinking of getting either the Stacker 830 or Cosmos.

EsaT    0

That depends on case: Are there mounting holes for both direction or can you turn the plate to which PSU is attached.

(if you keep PSU on top it sucks in lot of heat from components)

Maxession    1

In both cases you can choose how you want to place the PSU inside, fan facing top, or fan facing down.

In the Stacker 830, the PSU is at the top, so I'd suggest fan facing down.

In the cosmos 1000, the PSU is at the bottom, and as there's a hole with dust filter under it, I'd also place the fan facing down here. (I did)

Gonzas10    0

It's always recomended to, when you can, to install the PSU fan facing down, meaning, sucking air from the bottom, and exausting it to the back of the case. This keeps the PSU always fresh. If you wish, you can put some dust filters on the bottom, and less dust enters the case.

SuperJoker    0

It's too bad that I can't install the psu facing up in the HAF 932 as Enermax did not really like Me removing the fan grill from the 1050w Revolution psu as their psu grill isn't mounted all that flush, But for another reason It may be the last of their psus that I buy. As I agree, I have a Sears Kenmore for sucking Dust, I'd rather not have a PC case suck It in, So either release the filters, Or My next PC case will be an Antec 902 as they put dust filters in that case and It has 8 slots in the rear... As I have 3 PCs, Only 1 uses a HAF 932 case.