Sign in to follow this  
mastercooler

"Wrong" power cable with eXtreme Power Plus ?

I have recently assembled two entry-level computers for friends. I used CM eXtreme Power Plus PSUs for both. The last one was model RS-350-PCAR-I3. Both were marked "EU Type" on the side of the box. I reside in India, btw. The power cable in both cases had only two pins, and a hole where the third (earthing) pin should have been. Aren't these the "wrong" cables to be used in India ? Most PSUs here have a three pin plug. I'm really surprised that CM is marketing these PSUs in India.

I could buy a cable, but why should I have to ?

Mentioned in a local forum too : http://www.techenclave.com/pc-peripherals/dont-computers-need-earthing-144964.html

^ Assuming you are a mod or a tech rep from CM.

The three PSUs were bought from a ( reputed ) store in Mumbai, India - where I normally get my stuff. The first was bought at the end of last year, second in April and one on Aug 18. At first I assumed it was a one-off thing but when I got the 2nd and the 3rd, I spoke up at the forum mentioned above. Many others have had the same prob, but surprisingly never spoke up. See the thread mentioned in the OP. Looks like all ( eXtreme Power Plus ) PSUs are being sold with two-pin plugs. btw, the PSUs came in a sealed pack.