Sign in to follow this  
simonw

suggestions for mATX case

simonw    0

I'm in the market for a mATX case, but not a lot of quality choices. I do like the CM Elite 341, but what I would like to see is a mATX case with a bottom mounted PSU and roof fan for improved cooling.

Icejon    0

The Elite 341 is a good corporate style traditional chassis. It is strong and also supports the long type graphics cards about 9.75" inches. Have you considered the Elite 360 chassis? This is an MATX chassis that can support a full ATX motherboard. It also has a front mounted power supply. One disadvantage is it is very compact, and hard to work in inside.

Amazon Product Info

simonw    0

Yes I did notice the Elite 360 but it didn't really appeal to me.

In contrast the Elite 341, I like the fact it has the 120mm intake/exhaust fans. I did see a pic of someone else's build somewhere and it looked quite clean inside.

simonw    0

I'm aware of the Antec Mini P180, but the reason for me to downsize to mATX is to have a smaller build, and the Antec is the same size as some ATX mid-towers so it's a no go for me. Thanks anyway, even though it is a very nice case.

SuperJoker    0

I'd sure like to see a less corporate looking M-ATX case(m-atx only) that has air filters, high air flow and the ability to use cards as long as the latest ATi cards. As 9.5" just doesn't cut It now, The BFG GTX295 I have is about 1" longer than that and the latest ATi Radeon 5970 is longer still. The case should have two 5.25" and two 3.5" drive bays as well.