This is my current set-up

Antec 900 case

AMD Phenom 9750

Asus M3A32 MB

Redon HD 3870 X2

Ultra Chilltec CPU cooler

100W ps

4 500Gb hds

My problem is that I hate my case. It collects so much dust that it is imposible to keep clean. It is not big enought to really look good with the cable management. Most of the cables are on the bottom of the case collecting dust. It is not a bad case just not what i really want.

but I can not decide between the Cosmos S and the Cosmos 1000. They are both sweet cases but do not know which way to go. Any sugjestion or comments would help out alot.

Thanks

Are you going to be adding any more parts to your PC?

Do you plan on upgrading what you have apart from the case?

If that is really a 100 Watt psu, then I'd be looking at something in the way of a new power supply before even thinking of a new case to be honest, but I am sure that is a typing mistake?

Antec 900's are no diffrent from many cases in the way dust & debris enter the case, if you have dust problems in your current case & lets face it PC cases are dust magnets, I would be looking for something that has decent dust filters or add dust filters to whatever you end up purchasing.

Cosmos cases are great cases, I prefer full towers, for my own builds as well as for my customers & clients as they meet our needs, with a pref' for the stacker range.

& therin lays the key, what case meets your needs.

Draw up shortlist, pro's on one side & con's on the other, maybe add one or two other CM cases to the list & see how they stack up against your needs as well as your desires.

Sometimes going for practical over looks can save a lot of heart ache or buyers remorse as my wife calls it.

Obviously you want something bigger than you already have, you want something that also has a window or at least be able to buy a window for it as you mention looking good with cable management.

Outside of that tho' we have very little to go on from what you have told us about you, your current case & what you need.

Have you looked at the new stackers, the 830s may not be as big as their older stacker family in height but they have a decent bit of room in there.

I wish I could assist you more but it really does come down to what other needs you have & the 'shortlist' is a good way to sort that out.

Just remember to get fan filters & a couple of cans of air to exterminate those dust bunnies on a regular basis.

pyrate951    0

Yes that was a typo on the power supply it is a 1000w. I really do not think I will be adding anytghing yet. I just do not like the way my case looks and how everything fits. The ps plugs for the video card have to be plugged in before you install the card or you are not going to get them in and to get to any of the hard drives or cd drives the video card has to come out. So I just want something bigger. i spent alot of money putting this togeather and did not resurce the case very well. Plus this was my first build so have learned from my mistakes. lol

I would look at the CM 690 its our second biggest mid tower to the haf 922 and Storm Sniper. But what i like about this case, and i own two, is that it has dust filters, has plenty of ventilation, has plenty of space to work with and looks good at the same time, and the price doesn't hurt it either.

boredgunner    0

I highly recommend the COOLER MASTER ATCS 840. Cable management is amazing, potential airflow is very good, tool less design is great, and the removable motherboard tray is a nice feature to have. It also has a CPU retention hole on the motherboard tray, so you won't have to remove the motherboard to get to the backplate of a CPU cooler. Airflow in the ATCS 840 will actually be better than the Cosmos S in your situation. This is due to the fact that you have a large CPU cooler, so you won't be able to use the side fan on the Cosmos, then you'd be left with just a 120mm front fan, but you can add two more depending on the amount of optical drives you have, and you'd have to buy two more HDD cages since that is what the fan is installed on. The ATCS 840 doesn't need a side fan, since you can install dual 120mm fans in the HDD cage and one on the bottom (the Cosmos S can have one on the bottom as well).

The problem with the Cosmos 1000 is cable management, and stock airflow isn't too good.

This should help you make a decision.

http://www.3dgameman.com/content/view/10037/48/

http://www.3dgameman.com/content/view/12018/48/

http://www.3dgameman.com/content/view/13962/48/

☢

cmyers    0

Antec 900's are no diffrent from many cases in the way dust & debris enter the case, if you have dust problems in your current case & lets face it PC cases are dust magnets, I would be looking for something that has decent dust filters or add dust filters to whatever you end up purchasing.

Actually, 900's are notorious for dust, since they don't have any kind of fan filters whatsoever.

I originally bought a 900 because I really liked the design, but after owning one.... Ugh. Everything is just a pain with that case. Dust, cable management, you name it.

Have you looked at the new stackers, the 830s may not be as big as their older stacker family in height but they have a decent bit of room in there.

The new Stackers are seriously awesome. It just works. Plenty of room for whatever. And it just looks cool.

In the year or so I've owned mine, I haven't had any trouble with dust. They come with built in dust filters and really all you have to do is wipe them down every once in a while.

3405224802_f520401b5e.jpg?v=0

Cheers. ;D

boredgunner    0
Really? Since when? That's a shame.... :(

That case did live a long time. It doesn't have some of the features of the newer CM cases such as the CPU retention hole, and bottom mounted PSU (but I prefer top mounted anyway). The HAF 932 beats the STACKER cases in the airflow category, and the ATCS 840 is the new flagship case.

☢