Sign in to follow this  
Stildawn

Thermal Fusion 400

Rudieman    2

I would never have thought that just putting a drop on there works better then spreading it out :roll: I will definetly try that out!

boredgunner    0
The no curing time is true.

Thanks, when I run out of OCZ Freeze (not gonna happen anytime soon though), I'll definitely get some TF400!

The BB sized drop works best for me since I guess it was the perfect amount. I've tried it on a few different CPU coolers as well, the stock Intel HSF, Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 PRO, iBuyPower IBP-Z001, and now the Prolimatech Megahalems. On the Megahalems I only had to apply TIM once, and I used the BB sized drop. Thermal paste is not very conductive, but more so than air which is why it is used. I'm sure you know this already.

Looks like all the good pastes contain aluminum oxide. Good stuff I suppose :albino:

Stildawn    0

I just realised that I have to remove my whole motherboard from my case to pull of my V8...... is there any other way to remove the V8 (im putting it straight back on again) without taking the motherboard out?

boredgunner    0
I just realised that I have to remove my whole motherboard from my case to pull of my V8...... is there any other way to remove the V8 (im putting it straight back on again) without taking the motherboard out?

If your case doesn't have the CPU retention hole like many CM cases, you will have to remove your motherboard.

boredgunner    0
the CPU retention hole like many CM cases

Whats that? I have a CM690.

The retention hole is found on their newer cases. It is a cut out on the motherboard tray so you can access a CPU cooler's backplate without removing the motherboard. Here is the ATCS 840 for example (also the case I own).

coolermaster9.JPG

backplatehole.jpg

Instead, you have a small fan mount on your 690.

☢