Sign in to follow this  
Stildawn

Thermal Fusion 400

Stildawn    0

Hi All

Just a couple of questions...

Is TF400 better than Arctic Silver 5?

When I apply... People suggested that I just apply a rice grain size drop to the middle of the CPU and apply my V8... But other sources say that I should spread it...?

Cheers

dubzhouse    0

I think the TF400 is better than AS5. I have tried both and will stick with TF400 as it dropped my temps by about 7 degrees.

When i apply TF40 i put just a little smaller than a pee size dot and just attach my block/heatsink and then im good to go.

Rudieman    2

I also think the TF400 is better :cheers:

However, I do spread out the thermal paste to a very thin layer and the TF400 is definitely much harder to spread out then the AS5! If you don't spread it out the thermal paste won’t reach the edges of the heat sink which I think might cost you a few degrees.

Stildawn    0

Thanks for the replys guys...

Yeah other people have told me just to put a little drop in the middle... I can always remove and try again if this didnt work...

So if Im currently getting 33 degrees idle at the moment with some no name generic thermal paste... How much lower do you reckon TF400 will do?

Icejon    0
Thanks for the replys guys...

Yeah other people have told me just to put a little drop in the middle... I can always remove and try again if this didnt work...

So if Im currently getting 33 degrees idle at the moment with some no name generic thermal paste... How much lower do you reckon TF400 will do?

It all depends what cooler you have on top. The best thermal paste will only send the heat up to your heatsink faster. Benchmark reviews just reviewed 80 thermal pastes and Thermal Fusion 400 came out on the top.

Read the review here

boredgunner    0

ThermalFusion 400 is one of the best thermal pastes out right now, better than AS5 and Arctic Cooling MX-2. Put a BB sized drop in the middle of your CPU and put the V8 directly on top of it. I've tried many different methods and that one is the best.

-EDIT: Wow it won that comparison. I saw their older 33 way comparison and OCZ Freeze won. I'm using that right now, much better than AS5 and Arctic Cooling MX-2 from my experience (I've used both, and Arctic Silver Alumina). I may switch to TF400. Does it require curing time?

boredgunner    0
Am I missing something in that review? lol

But it seems to me that Arctic Silver 5 is better???

Yeah I saw that too. I've used Arctic Silver Alumina, Arctic Silver 5, Arctic Cooling MX-2, and OCZ Freeze. I've also tried applying the TIM in various ways, the best way being a BB sized drop on the CPU and putting the cooler directly on top of it. That order of the TIM is from worst to best from my experience. Next I have to try TF400! Newegg says no curing time, I hope it is true.