Sign in to follow this  
gothboy

Aquagate Max issue

gothboy    0

I have a strange issue with my Aquagate Max

Even though I can see the coolant flow in the large window at the front along the top line of the liquid and I can feel the pump working ... the spin wheel seems to be moving sporadically.

Very slow ... speeds up ... then almost stops ... then moves again ... etc.

I have checked the cpu temps on my QX6700 in Everest and they seem fine ... I'm using a 680i MB, so I can't see readings through ESA. Temps range from 28 C to about 33 C in a fairly warm room.

The four cores range from 40 to 44 C.

Any advice? Is my system slowly failing?

PS: there are no bubbles in the system that I can see ... so it doesn't need bleeding

dubzhouse    0

If you look closely at the wheel section do you see any bubbles near the top of the wheel? If so you will need to tip the case on the side (right) to get the air out of there and it should spin better.

Give that a try and let us know how it worked.

gothboy    0

Thanks for the advice.

I actually pulled the top cover off and had the reservoir outside my case to observe ... to make sure the pump was working ... it was.

There weren't any leaks ... so no coolant loss.

So then I took a long skinny piece of tubing and put it through the reservoir to the wheel section and gently knocked the wheel a bit.

It's now working fine ... didn't see any bubbles.

BUT ... with the cover off I could see the wheel better and I swear there are small deposits of something on the blades of the wheel.

I have only had this up and running since February (four months at most). I though the coolant was supposed to prevent any algae growth (if that is what it is).

Any comments?

dubzhouse    0

I also noticed that. I also noticed a film that would start to cover the res plastic on the inside. I think it might be coming from the coolant that is being used. I have since put a new water cooling loop new together and went with Feser coolant and i do not notice on more of that film like cover on stuff.

gothboy    0

well I'll keep an eye on it ... I haven't noticed any deposits anywhere else.

if it does slow down again I will also replace the coolant type and use new hosing

thanks for the feedback.