Icejon

Would you buy 200-230mm Cooler Master intake filters

Would you buy 200-230mm intake filters  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Would you buy 200-230mm intake filters

• Yes
    • No

Icejon    0

When we introduced the HAF series we focused on high airflow, and to make that happen we had to omit fan filters on the intakes. As all of you know, filters reduce the CFM and reduce airflow. Trolling the web forums and the like, It seems the HAF series and other cases #2 complaint is that there is no dust control in the HAF series. Some people were resorting to use women's underwear as simple filters.

We at Cooler Master need you opinions on a exciting new accessory: HAF 200-230mm intake filters. We need to know if there is enough market here so we can introduce this product in the USA as most of the research and development has already been completed. Props to the first person who posts a picture of a panty hose filter.

Here are the details:

High airflow engineering only 3 CFM reduction in airflow

Universal mount for 230mm fans and 200mm fans

Compatibility with ATCS 840, HAF 932, HAF 922, Cosmos S, CM Storm Sniper

Material plastic and micro mesh

Screw on design

MSRP TBA depending on feedback here

If the the HAF had filters I would probably have bought that instead of the 840. Now I'm looking to buy a HAF 922, but the only thing that will keep me from buying is no air filters.

If the HAF 922 is still scheduled for release on May 12th, I may still buy one on Friday depending on Neweggs combo/shipping pricing. But I would definitely pay and extra $5 each for filters.

PeterW    3

If the price is right, maybe.

Props to the first person who posts a picture of a panty hose filter.

Mmmmm, should I post my ghetto fan filters for all to see?...

pcew    0

Yea it would be great that if CM comes up with 200-230mm fan dust filers.

I really wan't these dust filters because I am planning to cut my ATCS840's side panel so that it can accomodate 230mm fans with dust filter...yaaaahhhhoooo.. :D

1 suggestions: please bring enough in stock that no body has to wait for next shipment. :cheers:

2 suggestions: please make it similar to ATCS840 filter.

Icejon    0
If the price is right, maybe.
Props to the first person who posts a picture of a panty hose filter.

Mmmmm, should I post my ghetto fan filters for all to see?...

Please post your panty HAF fan dust filters please.

PeterW    3

Well, I don't have a HAF but I did make some ghetto dust filters for 92mm and 120mm fans.

tanka12345    0

I have the HAF 923 and I have to say it's a great case, great design and great airflow! I would love to see some filters released as I'm getting (a little bit) worried about dust build up around the fans. I would love to see a CM dust filter released and I'd be happy to help CM with anything. I might try to formulate some sort of dust filter and see if it helps. Would the filters only be initially released in the US?

epoled    0

Yess, I definitely support the idea :D I am planning to get a new case from CM... I always dream of the HAF but the no-filter turns into a nightmare :( It makes me to reconsider whether to pick ATCS840 and HAF932 :| But I still have my eyes on HAF932 coz I'm leaving in a South East Asia country so I need a good casing with lots of fans to cool down my hardware 8) I consider ATCS840 coz it has the dust filters... I need to get dust filters coz my place is not just hot and humid but dusty as well... So I was hoping that CM not to focus 200-230mm on US market only but South East Asia countries as well coz usually countries that have 2 seasons only are dustier compared to countries that have 4 seasons... Actually I was hoping that CM can also made 120mm fan filters special for HAF932 (PSU, bottom and side) :)

vcooper1    0

I would be interested in buying fan air filters for the 230MM fans on the HAF 932, But, I would be concerned about the cut down of air flow. Even though the 230MM fans run at 700 rpm, it seems that the amount of air being pushed by them is not so great.

I put my hand on the top of this case, I feel the air being pushed and I don't think it's much. Then again maybe it's just enough to take out the heat. I don't feel any heat coming out, just cool air, so this is good. I love the case. The hard drive mounting area is really nice. I added twin fan heat sinks to my hard drives anyway because I didn't think there was enough air being pushed across them. I have 3 hard drives installed, 2 Raptor X 10,000 rpm in Raid 0 Array, & the other as a slave. If the 230MM fan rpm was boosted up to 1,000 rpm, there would be more air being pushed, but perhaps more noise. Then some people would be unhappy with more noise. Without filters I do notice allot of dust accumulation over my video & sound cards.

I'm not happy about the dust problem, but I live with it. I feel we are in a catch 22 situation here. Add filters & cut down on air flow, or boost fan rpm to 1,000 rpm & get more noise. I don't know...