Sign in to follow this  
BumbleBee

HAF 952

BumbleBee    0

I had one more idea for the HAF 952 or any future Cooler Master case and that is suspension I think this is key because the new Antec P1000 coming out uses 3 standard hard drive cages in the 5.25" bays that fit 3 or 4 hard drives in each cage but have a option to suspend 2 hard drives in each of the 3 hard drive cages for a total of 6 suspended hard drives. suspension is the future it creates no noise the problem is it increases temperatures from 1-5'c but I think this can be combated by redesigning the Cooler Master 4:3 module to make it less restricting on air.

here is a picture of a standard hard drive rack modified for suspension. http://i39.tinypic.com/2ni454z.jpg

Icejon    0

One thing to dig up your old post.

There will be a version of the HAF 932 with a very large window, however this version will not be a standard version. It will come out 2009. This is all we can say right now.

SuperJoker    0

Lets see I see one small omission, Dust Filters, I own a HAF 932 and It attracts dust like crazy, So much so that It may as well be made by Dust Master.

Oh and one more thing, How about 8 card slots all in one row in the back like the Antec 902 has?

VALKYRIE    9

* Full 5.25" drive bay with Cooler Master 4:3 Module like they did for the Cosmos S because the HAF 932, 922, ATCS 840 and Storm Sniper hard drive rack is way too restrictive the rectangular holes are above the mounting bracket which means no air from the front fan makes any contact with the hard drive it blows the radiated heat away and even if it did make contact it has to pass through a sheet of metal, piece of plastic, hard drive, another piece of plastic and another sheet of metal. popping the hard drive rack out and re-seating it 90' to face the front is becoming more and more popular the only issue is when you pull the hard drive bracket out it can give you clearance issues with PCI cards.

I agree , I will ONLY buy cases like the CM590 or Cosmos " S " with Stacker Style 5,25 front Bay , therefore all the cases like the CM690 , HAF932, HAF922 ,Scout ,StormSniper , ATCS 840 , Gladiator 600 with the Hard drive cage blocking the front incoming airflow are in my opinion nonsense and therefore not considered in my list of the best cases to buy

Therefore All the cases like ANTEC 900 , 902 , Twelve Hundred , the New Silverstone RAVEN II have priority in my list of the best

Another feature I really HATE is the STUPID Silly and IDIOT Tooless design plastics, what is the problem to turn a screw every two or three years to swap a video card ? and to be honest I enjoy to use my screwdriver when I build computers

I think Coolermaster believe everybody like and enjoy the cases with the Hard drive cage perpendicular to the front airflow ( therefore bloking the front airflow intake ) , this fact make me looking for other case makers

* Full 5.25" drive bay with Cooler Master 4:3 Module like they did for the Cosmos S because the HAF 932, 922, ATCS 840 and Storm Sniper hard drive rack is way too restrictive the rectangular holes are above the mounting bracket which means no air from the front fan makes any contact with the hard drive it blows the radiated heat away and even if it did make contact it has to pass through a sheet of metal, piece of plastic, hard drive, another piece of plastic and another sheet of metal. popping the hard drive rack out and re-seating it 90' to face the front is becoming more and more popular the only issue is when you pull the hard drive bracket out it can give you clearance issues with PCI cards.

I agree , I will ONLY buy cases like the CM590 or Cosmos " S " with Stacker Style 5,25 front Bay , therefore all the cases like the CM690 , HAF932, HAF922 ,Scout ,StormSniper , ATCS 840 , Gladiator 600 with the Hard drive cage blocking the front incoming airflow are in my opinion nonsense and therefore not considered in my list of the best cases to buy

Therefore All the cases like ANTEC 900 , 902 , Twelve Hundred , the New Silverstone RAVEN II have priority in my list of the best

Another feature I really HATE is the STUPID Silly and IDIOT Tooless design plastics, what is the problem to turn a screw every two or three years to swap a video card ? and to be honest I enjoy to use my screwdriver when I build computers

I think Coolermaster believe everybody like and enjoy the cases with the Hard drive cage perpendicular to the front airflow ( therefore bloking the front airflow intake ) , this fact make me looking for other case makers

I know this was an older post but I agree with you. I purchased a HAF 912 in which I can turn the hard drive cage or even take it out for good airflow plus have the benefit of a quiet 200mm fan. The 690 II the lower part of the hard drive cage can be taken out while still having 2 hard drive positions. But a point that hits home with me is with the tooless "garbage" as I even rather use screws and a screwdriver. I haven't as of yet placed a system in the HAF 912 but wished it has screws to secure all verses the tooless it has for the optical and hard drives.