Sign in to follow this  
BumbleBee

HAF 952

BumbleBee    0

I take it the "HAF 952" is in design phase if not it should be because the HAF 932 has to be a best seller already it is one of the best cases ever created it has so many cooling options enough to fit everybody's needs it has more features than cases double it's price point. I have some suggestions for the "HAF 952" every single one is doable.

* Same SGCC or Anodized Coating the HAF 922 and Storm Sniper use.

* Full 5.25" drive bay with Cooler Master 4:3 Module like they did for the Cosmos S because the HAF 932, 922, ATCS 840 and Storm Sniper hard drive rack is way too restrictive the rectangular holes are above the mounting bracket which means no air from the front fan makes any contact with the hard drive it blows the radiated heat away and even if it did make contact it has to pass through a sheet of metal, piece of plastic, hard drive, another piece of plastic and another sheet of metal. popping the hard drive rack out and re-seating it 90' to face the front is becoming more and more popular the only issue is when you pull the hard drive bracket out it can give you clearance issues with PCI cards.

* Bigger Motherboard Access Hole like Lian Li.

* Top Perforated Vent to actually stretch across the 3x 120mm x 25mm fan mounts.

* Thermochill PA 120.2 and 120.3 support all that is needed is a third hole drilled on the Top, Bottom and Side Panels.

* HAF 922 front bezel, less plastic.

* Storm Sniper perforated expansion slot covers instead of the mesh because the mesh restricts air flow and you will find yourself cleaning them one too many times.

* Remove 230mm fans they are useless they have no static pressure just about any 120mm at the same price point can outperform it at least up the voltage or replace them with the 200mm in the Cosmos S this is High Air Flow not a HTPC.

* Remove Hex Screws on 230mm Fans.

* Better paint job because it chips and scratches too easily.

* Fan Controller like the Storm Sniper because some aftermarket Fan Controllers like the NZXT Sentry LX have only 4 watts per channel and cannot control the 230mm fans since they require some power to startup.

* Space the second or add a third support bar to the top Power Supply mount to fully accommodate the length of EPS (entry-level power supplies).

* Change 5v LED to 3v LED, too bright.

* Unscrewable Power Supply Bottom Cover like the Top.

one question after the release of the Gladiator 600 is Cooler Master done for the year?

Thank you.

Icejon    0

* Bigger Motherboard Access Hole like Lian Li.

Our hole is bigger than Lian Li.

Are we done for the year?

BumbleBee    0

the HAF 932 motherboard access hole is a perfect square not all motherboards line up. lian li is more rectangular, longer.

yes anymore cases? aside from the Black Editions... at CeBIT Cooler Master said they wanted to turn their attention to the mid tower market well they are releasing 3 new cases (Storm Scout, HAF 922, Gladiator 600) and it's not even June yet is there anything in design right now that will be ready by Q4 (Christmas) any full towers like a new Stacker or HAF 952 other than that "Havoc" chassis.

Icejon    0
the HAF 932 motherboard access hole is a perfect square not all motherboards line up. lian li is more rectangular, longer.

yes anymore cases? aside from the Black Editions... at CeBIT Cooler Master said they wanted to turn their attention to the mid tower market well they are releasing 3 new cases (Storm Scout, HAF 922, Gladiator 600) and it's not even June yet is there anything in design right now that will be ready by Q4 (Christmas) any full towers like a new Stacker or HAF 952 other than that "Havoc" chassis.

If there are people buying high end cooling and cases we will sell new models. But we always are considerate when we introduce something that people will ask for, say wow and then go and buy a $90 case at Fry's. So I can't tell you that answer to your question entirely. I will say Cooler Master is always interested to bring value to the customer in every case we make from the Elite 360 to the ATCS 840.

Yea we have fixed the hole issue, if you check out the cases after that like the atcs 840 and the Storm Sniper you will see that the hole a whole lot bigger, i think that is the hole icejon was referring to.

If there are people buying high end cooling and cases we will sell new models. But we always are considerate when we introduce something that people will ask for, say wow and then go and buy a $90 case at Fry's. So I can't tell you that answer to your question entirely. I will say Cooler Master is always interested to bring value to the customer in every case we make from the Elite 360 to the ATCS 840.

Your so right about people talking about great cases but are buying Antec 300 because that is what they can afford.

I think a ATCS all black/aluminum mid tower priced at $139 will make a huge amount of money for CM.

If you guys need feedback on this let me know!

HazMatt    0

Wow! This looks very interesting.

I wonder what MSRP range would be.

Icejon    0
so any other cases aside from the Havoc?

Although I can't answer your question directly, we can take a look at what came out in the last few months. All of these cases bring value, performance in the usual Cooler Master Style. Our work is never finished, and our vision lies undiminished.

Q3 2008:

HAF 932 - Turbulent Airflow

Cosmos Black Label - Only 500 pcs in the world

Q4 2008:

Elite 341

ATCS 840 - Return of the all-aluminum legend

Q1 2009:

Sileo 500 - First silent case with four panel insulation and aluminum front bezel at <$79.99 USD

Elite 360 - First vertical or horizontal slim tower with full ATX support at <$39.99 USD

CM Storm Sniper - First of the new CM Storm brand designed with input from gaming leagues for Pro-gamers

Elite 334 Nvidia Edition - First Elite with a radical outlook and features designed by Nvidia

Q2 2009:

CM Storm Scout - 2nd mid tower CM Storm brand case designed for mobility with integrated steel reinforced handle

Elite 310 - First Elite series chassis with changeable color face plate bezels

HAF 922 - Turbulent Airflow re-imagined, HAF series engineering in a more compact chassis

Some innovations Cooler Master team introduced over this period:

- The original CPU retention hole from the HAF 932

- Stormguard anti peripheral theft devices on all Storm cases

- Steel reinforced handles on all CM Storm cases

- LED fan on/off switches

- High airflow design that is now being copied everywhere

- Built in fan controller in the Storm Sniper

So, looking at the list above I don't know of a chassis company that has introduced better all-new chassis and innovations in the same time frame-Not A---c :angryfire: or TT :evil: for sure. Cooler Master will have 2009 FTW.

BumbleBee    0

ok that didn't answer my question but heres one you could answer because even case reviewers can't give it to me.

HAF 932 and majority of Cooler Master cases that use SECC usually have a beige or milky tint look.

1zybk75.jpg

Storm Sniper, Storm Scout and HAF 922 have that shiny fake aluminum look.

s5bv48.jpg

when I google SGCC cases (hot dip process) I get the similar shiny fake aluminum look i'm wondering if the Storm Sniper, Storm Scout and HAF 922 are made out of SGCC or is it some kind of anodized coating they put on.