Sign in to follow this  
hawaiian_geek

90 CFM Blue LED Silent Fan 120mm (R4-L2R-20CK-GP)

I see this is a new 120mm fan that also comes in Red and Green LED. Does it really push 90 cfm? If so then I'd consider making a purchase of them for my CM 590 & 690 case as well as using them for builds that I do for customers. I'd appreciate any CM rep who could reply to my question. Thanks in advance! :)

Icejon    0

Yes according to the spec it pushes 69.99-90cfm. We use a narrow hub with sickle shaped special blades. The 90 CFM will be achieved in the most ideal conditions using 2000rpm +/-10%. Try one for yourself, it really blows harder than all the LED fans on the market. Compared to some non LED but high RPM fans from one of our Japanese competitors it is neck and neck, though our solutions has a slightly different aural quality because of our sleeve design.

nielyee    0

I have one of these busters and i really must say that they push more air than any standard non-led fans out there.

Most of the time, i can achieve about 1920 RPM and have a CFM of 82.6.

It's really good and you'll be surprised with the results.

bobfig    0
Yes according to the spec it pushes 69.99-90cfm. We use a narrow hub with sickle shaped special blades. The 90 CFM will be achieved in the most ideal conditions using 2000rpm +/-10%. Try one for yourself, it really blows harder than all the LED fans on the market. Compared to some non LED but high RPM fans from one of our Japanese competitors it is neck and neck, though our solutions has a slightly different aural quality because of our sleeve design.

so are you saying that both of these fans are different?

http://cmstore.coolermaster-usa.com/product_info.php?products_id=116

hyper212%20fan.jpg

Specifications:

Fan Dimension (W / H / D) 120 x 120 x 25 mm

Fan Speed 2000 R.P.M.

Fan Airflow 69.69 CFM

Bearing Type Long life sleeve

Fan Life Expectancy 50,000 hours

Fan Noise Level (dB-A) 19 dBA

Connector 3-pin

Voltage 12 V

and

http://csxstore.coolermaster-usa.com/product_info.php?cPath=18_32_39&products_id=262&osCsid=762c5a5a8789c27329916dae72263016

r4bluebig.jpg

Specifications

Dimension 120 x 120 x 25 mm

Voltage 12VDC

Current (Ampere) 0.35A

Input (Watt) 4.2W? 10%

Speed (R.P.M.) 2000 R.P.M.

Air Flow (CFM) 90 CFM

Air pressure (mmH2O) 2.94 mmH2O

Fan Noise Level (dB-A) 19 dB-A

Weight 116 g

Available Color Blue LED

Bearing Type Long Life Sleeve

if so then how? because they just seem like the same fan with a new moter. ether way they spin at the same rpm's with the same fan blades. and what do they mean bye "ideal" situations.

Ideal would be, nothing blocking it's airflow(intake & outtake)..least to me anyway. And I would imagine a new motOr would make it different if that's the case. And for $3 more, are you that worried about the blades ? lol...I'm just glad they came out so i can switch out the Red ones in my V10

bobfig    0

im not worried about the blades. its just not physically possible to push the same amount CFM's with the same blades spinning the same speed even with different moter.

Icejon    0
im not worried about the blades. its just not physically possible to push the same amount CFM's with the same blades spinning the same speed even with different moter.

Actually the top fan is 800-1800RPM the spec isn't exactly right. This sort of fan is used on a CPU cooler like a Hyper Z600 or a Vigor Monsoon III.

The bottom fan R4-L2R-20AC-GP is similar but better. It is a R4 series fan like the top fan meaning they share the same blade design in general, but with significant changes. First it is 2000RPM and we eliminated the speed limiter. We also increased the input voltage. Both of these contribute to higher specs with increased output. They are both great fans, hope that helps.

VALKYRIE    11

The fan that was with my Hper 212 ( I bought two years ago ) have the specifications showed below

Voltage 12VDC

Current (Ampere) 0.37A

Fan Speed 2000 R.P.M.

Fan Airflow 69.69 CFM

Bearing Type Long life sleeve bearing

Fan Air Pressure 2.94 mm-H2O

Connector 3-pin

The specifications of the brand new R4 fan are

Specifications

Voltage 12VDC

Current (Ampere) 0.35A

Input (Watt) 4.2W? 10%

Air Flow (CFM) 90 CFM

Weight 116 g

Available Color Blue LED

How can be possible to have differents airflow in two fans that share exact the same blades exact the same speed RPM exact the same bearings exact the same air pressure ? physically impossible

Overall I like very much this fan because of the extreme silent sleeve bearing and the beautiful shape of the blades ( very nice look ) , the problem is this fan is not available Full Black Matt colour without LED ,and to be honest I HATE fans with LED

boredgunner    0
The fan that was with my Hper 212 ( I bought two years ago ) have the specifications showed below

Voltage 12VDC

Current (Ampere) 0.37A

Fan Speed 2000 R.P.M.

Fan Airflow 69.69 CFM

Bearing Type Long life sleeve bearing

Fan Air Pressure 2.94 mm-H2O

Connector 3-pin

The specifications of the brand new R4 fan are

Specifications

Voltage 12VDC

Current (Ampere) 0.35A

Input (Watt) 4.2W? 10%

Air Flow (CFM) 90 CFM

Weight 116 g

Available Color Blue LED

How can be possible to have differents airflow in two fans that share exact the same blades exact the same speed RPM exact the same bearings exact the same air pressure ? physically impossible

Overall I like very much this fan because of the extreme silent sleeve bearing and the beautiful shape of the blades ( very nice look ) , the problem is this fan is not available Full Black Matt colour without LED ,and to be honest I HATE fans with LED

Icejon just said those specs are wrong. The specs are really 1800 RPM/69.69 CFM/19 DBA. The R4 series 120mm fans mentioned in the OP are 2000 RPM/90 CFM/23 DBA. And yes those fans are awesome (the 90 CFM ones). I have five of them, soon to be 8.