Sign in to follow this  
subdaman

Aquagate alc-u01 issue

subdaman    0

Hi guys,

I have the aforementioned cooler. It was running well all this time but over the last couple of months, it has become very noisy... the fan itself is fine but the pump is going crazy.. i have bled the system well and have even changed the tubing to take care of the issues mentioned... It is doing it's job effectively but the noise is driving me crazy. Does anyone have any recommendations as to how to get rid of the pump noise? Or is it that the pump is essentially on it's way to croak? --- if so, how does one go about getting the right pump?

Any help in this matter will be greatly appreciated.. btw , this forum is cool...much better than the tech support that i see from the website (They dont answer their emails or pick up the phones)

subdaman    0

the noise has become audibly loud...it sounds like something is rattling inside???

Kevin Voong    0

You have mentioned that you had bled the system, but did you make sure that all trap air is out of the system?

subdaman    0

yes sir, i definitely have..

i will try to do so again today and will report back!

subdaman    0

well...

to report..

i have bled the system.... i have also changed the tubes to run a shorter length... i am happy to report that the rattling sound is gone...however i will have to report that there are two problems now..

a. the idle temperatures have soared upto 32 degrees....(maybe the heatsink compound has got something to do with it??)

b. i noticed that when i tilt the unit to an angle of 45 degrees(below zero) , air is introduced into the system -- what does this indicate?

subdaman    0

well the bad news is that the sound has increased slightly over the last 2 hrs..

subdaman    0

well i want to know where to get the pump for this please? it will not get quiter no matter how much i bleed the system....

jbjtkbw00    0

b. i noticed that when i tilt the unit to an angle of 45 degrees(below zero) , air is introduced into the system -- what does this indicate?

If the system is sealed and bled CORRECTLY, then there is no way air should be introduced. I say this as caution because you may have a leak, or you're not bleeding it correctly which from what I've learned, you need to do it outside of the case because you may have to run it a bit for air bubbles to work their way to the top (in bursts, not fully that is). Also, did you try rotating it so that any trapped air could escape just in case you didn't run it?

subdaman    0

did all that mate... checked the thing thoroughly for leaks etc but couldn't find any.... the pump is the next logical culprit as it keeps getting progressively louder after it has been bled (i.e. after being bled its quiter than before but keeps getting louder and louder over time!