Sign in to follow this  
Duque

Noctua NH-U12P SE

Duque    0

I have heard problems with this Noctua cooler in certain CM cases. I am dead set on getting one of these cases, so I need to know which ones will fit this large cpu cooler. I am specifically interested in the Cosmos 1000, Cosmos S, and the HAf 932. Thanks in advance.

EsaT    0

Easy: Just look for case without side fan and any commonly available heatsink fits with high probability.

EsaT    0

Cosmos S has known problems with big tower heatsinks and Noctua definitely fills the job on size.

HAF is IIRC slightly wider case but fan is still there so nothing sure can be said, it's probably up to precise height of individual heatsink.

Zenphic    0

I've seen people fit the Thermalright Ultra 120 in the HAF932 with the side panel on. So you should not have any problem with the Noctua NH-U12P because it has a similar height to the Thermalright cooler.

You should have no trouble with the HAF 932, its very wide case, the cosmos however, will need to have the fan removed in order for the cpu cooler to fit.

boredgunner    0

Yes, these cases can fit any cooler, except for the Cosmos S. The 200mm side intake fan on the Cosmos S is placed to high, so large CPU coolers will hit it. This is not an issue with the HAF 932, since the 230mm side intake fan is placed lower so the CPU cannot hit it. The V10 (largest air cooler I know of) fits on the HAF 932 easily. I believe the issue with a side fan exists with the CM Storm Sniper as well, whether you are using dual 120mm side intakes or a 200mm side intake.

batsdecrud    0
Yes, these cases can fit any cooler, except for the Cosmos S. The 200mm side intake fan on the Cosmos S is placed to high, so large CPU coolers will hit it. This is not an issue with the HAF 932, since the 230mm side intake fan is placed lower so the CPU cannot hit it. The V10 (largest air cooler I know of) fits on the HAF 932 easily. I believe the issue with a side fan exists with the CM Storm Sniper as well, whether you are using dual 120mm side intakes or a 200mm side intake.

What about the CM 960?