Sign in to follow this  
notoriousbigs

Cooler Master V8 - Product Suggestion

can't say yet but it's definitely will be a killer.

Make it all copper and throw a super high CFM fan in there.

Screw sound, screw weight. PERFORMANCE!!!!!!!!!

If you made it all copper you would pretty much blow away all the competition for years to come. As if the V8 isnt already doing that now, but it wont hold the title forever.

donta1979    0

All Copper v8, the bottom of the cooler machine lapped to a mirror finish"do not put that crappy silver crap on there that so many good heatsinks out there have, have a fan that is adjustable from 90-150 CFM. Tec in the bottom with the controller on in the plastic on top of the v8. Run the wires for the tec down the side of the fan and have them sleeved.

I'm a fan of a higher powered fan. Actually, in my V8 right now I have replaced the stock fan with a modded thermaltake blue LED 93CFM fan and wow what a difference it made. Running inside a CoolerMaster Cosmos 1000 case with an overclocked Phenom II 940 running at 1.5v @ 3.7 Ghz and my temps are about 36C idle and 44C max load. But, if you could make a 2nd version and get it even cooler I would love you all over at CM!! :mrgreen:

biggatomic    0
All Copper v8, the bottom of the cooler machine lapped to a mirror finish"do not put that crappy silver crap on there that so many good heatsinks out there have, have a fan that is adjustable from 90-150 CFM. Tec in the bottom with the controller on in the plastic on top of the v8. Run the wires for the tec down the side of the fan and have them sleeved.

that would be very sexy and i would easily pay $100+ for that.

Sim    0

The V8 needs a better mounting system, having to flip the motherboard over to mount this cooler is a pain.

Would be nice to have some double stick tape so you can stick the backplate to the mother board.

The fan could use a screwless mount for the bottom, that way if people want to switch it out they don't need to remove the cooler.

Also it would be nice to have the copper showing on the bottom of the cooler instead of the nickel plating, copper better at transferring heat then nickel plating is, that's why all water blocks have copper showing on the bottom.