Sign in to follow this  
donta1979

8 pci slot mobo trays and cases...

donta1979    0

Well I have been hoping you guys would make some cases with 8 pci slots or more, I know you have a few, but nothing I like personally, the Scout woud be awesome if it had 8 pci slots in the back, I amsure alot of people buying the EVGA classified might buy it... Also more cases with removable motherboard trays along with 8x pci slots... I just had to mod my cm stacker 830 evo motherboard tray today for the EVGA classified so i could have tri sli, and a dedicated physx card...

Picture074.jpg

Picture073.jpg

I put this in justfor the cm v10.... should not have to take out whole mobo to remove cpu coler

Picture075.jpg

Picture078.jpg

Also higher cfm fans with your products would b nice.... and being able to buy your fans....Make the scout with 8-10 pci slots, I bet you would sell alot of them...

donta1979    0

Ok since this will not let me edit my original post will be sure to check this one before I hit submit. Many of your cases only come with 7x pci slots; it would be nice having an 8 pci slot + case/motherboard tray with the new motherboards coming out supporting that many pci slots. Asus has one and so does EVGA... It would be betting if you made motherboard trays and cases to accommodate more customers’ people would not be going to other vendors for solutions. Once I modded my CM Stacker 830 Evo's Motherboard Tray it kept me from going and buying a lian li p80 or an abs Canyon. My next purchase will be one of the two cases mentioned unless cm comes out with something better. I have owned about 12 Cooler Master Cases so far… But Cooler Master cases are starting to not meet my needs, and I am sure many others. Will you guys be making an 8+ pci slot case or motherboard in the future?

Here are a few pictures of my successful mod being used using the cm stacker 830 motherboard tray that was modded to have an extra pci slot on te back, an exhaust fan for the gpus "since todays hardware is a lot hotter" with an EVGA x58 Classified with a 280 GTX FTW in the bottom pcie slot to show the mod actually works. I may post some more pictures later, one mistake I made is the hole for the cpu mouse needs to go more to the right on the case or really it needs to be extended to the right to accommodate both the x58’s and the EVGA x58 classified.

Picture079.jpg

Picture080.jpg

EsaT    0

Eight slots doesn't conform to standards so that's why you can be sure it won't get popular.

And PhysX is dead end.

AMD/Ati is making support for GPU acceleration of long used CPU based Havok physics engine (which is backed by Intel) so you won't be seeing PhysX in elsewhere than non gameplay affecting eyecandy of games bought... sponsored by Nvidia.

donta1979    0

Esat,

I work in the game industry last studio I worked at was EA Tiburon "no I do not test games". Physx is far from a dead end. Since there are a handful of studios using it now, and more signing up coming up.... Did you also know physx is also supported on the console? Since the UT3 engine will still be one of the most dominant engines on the market in terms of being user friendly to the artist it's safe to say that physx is here to stay.

Also not just evga classified can benefit from this... so can the your bottom gpu in cooler masters lower end cases, by getting a pci fan and attaching a 120mm 90-150 CFM to blow straight into your gpu. Have a mod for one that quite a few people on the evga forums actually use. Now doing something like that how is that not a benefit? Have you ran sli or tri sli in say a cm 690 chassis? or Tri sli in a cm stacker 830? With the 200 series or the 4870x2's? even setting your gpu fans to 100% does not help much.

So I am pretty sure it's safe to say with more and more games needing crossfire/trifire or sli/tri sli at higher resolutions since tech is getting cheaper and cheaper. An 8 slot motherboard/motherboard tray is actually a benefit.... as more larger lcds are made more affordable and prices on nvidia and ati cards keep going down allowing for multiple gpu setups.

So being a game industry professional I pretty much know where games are headed.

So being a game industry professional I pretty much know where games are headed. So going with an 8+ pci slot mobo would not be a bad idea...

EsaT    0

So is also Havok used on different platforms. And when looking how support from hardware manufacturers is split there's no doubt which is surer long term bet.

Also it can be only guessed what MS does in longer term.

With that "we need worser than NetBurst power hog just for showing game's title on screen"-attitude you shouldn't wonder why it's hard to get PC games to sell.

Those average consumers/gamers needed for maximizing potential market will never go to that way of dumping money to fastest to get obsolete parts in PC... which consume as much power doing nothing/showing static desktop as many CPUs under full load. (that future proofing argument is BS, at least until Intel's Larrabee with "its" near full programmability comes)

I've been PC gamer for all my life and never even considered any consoles but if that's what it takes to get PC gaming back to where it was ten years ago maybe it's time for todays PC gaming industry to wither away until its ready for fresh start.

When PC gaming was becoming popular often it was the software which was pushed forward for getting new tricks/more from same basic hardware, now only thing really pushed to somewhere is heat production being kicked up toward moon.

donta1979    0

Well at least nvidia is making some great lower heat cards, right now for lower end consumers the new 270 GTX is basically half of a 295 and produces less heat, and does not cost nearly as much its just above a 260 GTX and just below the 285 GTX. Great card really, for the price worried consumer. Nvidia is actually letting ati use physx now, the deal just went though, so its going to be nice physx will be here to stay for awhile, vantage will be considered an equal playing field. Both physics engines are great, having worked with both I prefer physx, now since support will be coming to the red team/ati will be nice to it get even more developed than it is now....

It's just progress really, I have been pc gaming since the 80's, and got heavily into the 90's, and have not stopped since, I do not like consoles as well, but some titles I wanted to play bad, like Mario galaxies, Zelda, and metroid for the wii, , halo 3, gears of war 2, the force unleashed for the 360 I have stopped my hand from pulling the trigger on the ps3, I love god of war one and 2 and own a ps2 just for those two games, and really want to play god of war 3... I really wish more games would be ported to the pc at times...

But yes the heat is getting crazy on tech, but as the wave spectrums of the hardware's frequency go up in that wave spectrum more heat is generated sadly, people want more realistic games, but want cheap hardware and software, for the software to be cheap people have to stop pirating, I hate how pirating affects the poor customers that buy the game... if anything the customers should be tailored to 100% To make it easy for them to play their games, It was a sigh of relief when EA announced dropping DRM... I hated it and thought it was wrong to punish actual consumers... that paid for their games... this pretty much in my opinion promoted piracy of many great titles... consumers look at it like this, what I can only install a game i purchased a limited amount of times then im sol... oh hells no I am going to just dnload it off the net... to me that was just wrong for the loyal pc gamers that buy their games.

The best thing to do when buying a new rig, is one of two things, be an early adopter... you pay the premium but though my experience buying hardware right away while its fresh, normally overclocks and runs cooler than the products produced later down the line, this helps to build hype on hardware to make consumers who sit and watch buy down the road, or you have option b, sit and wait, and buy the revisions as soon as they come out, they normally have smaller chips, run cool, and are very efficient, over their predecessors. But like I said the early adopters have it made, I have 2x 280 GTX FTW cards that are just amazing, Buying them was great they have lasted me over 2 months, and clock past their new replacements the 285 GTX FTW's...