Sign in to follow this  
andygold

Stacker USB ports....how to connect them all

andygold    0

Not sure if this is the right forum for this....

I just got a Stacker case and put a MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum Mobo into it. The board has 2 internal 9-pin USB connectors. The case has 6 leads terminating in 3 connectors. So doing the math, I'm left with one connector coming from the front of the case with no place to plug it into. I searched for a 2 into 1 type of adaptor, but have been unable to locate such device. I also hav a FDD/card reader with a 4 pin USB connector which I'd like to hook up .

How have you connected up all these items to a Mobo that doesn't have enough built in ports? I know I could put in an additional USB 2.0 PCI card, but that's my last resort.

Lastly, if noone makes the cable/connector I am looking for, does anyone see any potential problems/dangers in soldering some wires between the connector harnesses, and piggy-backing one off the other?

[em]HEAT    0

Let me do some searching real fast. I saw a guide on exactly what you are trying to do. As soon as I find it I'll post a link. That is, if I can find it.

Also, you could buy a USB hub and mod it. Or you could place it inside the case so you don't have it sitting outside the case. With the stacker I know there's plenty of room for that.

andygold    0

[em]HEAT....I await your reply, thanks!

As to the idea of using a hub...wouldn't a hub have USB "A", or "B" connectors? I need to connect 3 9-pin female connectors to 3 9-pin male connectors/hub/cable adapter

dropper    0

I think someone posted about this before. There is an internal card that has USB headers on it, that can be used.

Here's the link

Keith

Halogen    0

I could not find anyone else but soyo either, so I bought the boards from Soyo and I am a happy camper with my front USB working now.