Sign in to follow this  
Echo

AquaGate Questions

Echo    0

I have just purchased a CoolerMaster Stacker chassis (what a chassis :D ) and I'm considering getting an AquaGate, but was wondering if it can "tame" a Presc(hot)t 3.0E 478 CPU? My temps on idle currently are 50 C and can hit the 70's when under load (FarCry) I have an ASUS 5950 Ultra GFX card (the one with the big copper gpu cooler) which contributes to a lot of the heat in the case. I will post pics tonight once I get them uploaded to my site.

Thanks,

Echo

The Aquagate will be perfect for your prescott. Especially with a big case like the stacker, all you have to do is get yourself a cross flow fan, load it up with more 120mm and the Aquagate, your entire case will be cool under heavy and idle.

[em]HEAT    0

To cool that Prescott you need an industrial sized enviormental control unit with liquid nitro. Heh. Nah just kidding. :D The Aquagate shoulk work just fine.

Echo    0
HEAT":j2ffgl9g]To cool that Prescott you need an industrial sized enviormental control unit with liquid nitro. Heh. Nah just kidding. :D The Aquagate shoulk work just fine.

:) at once stage I was considering liquid nitrogen and a nuclear reactor cooling tower but then my rig wouldn't be to mobile.

How is the AquaGate (if mounted internally) with being moved around? Say once a week taking it for a drive? As this rig is also used as a server for my live visual work.

Infinity    0

It should be alright for moving because once it's filled and you put the 'plug' in the LCU then it becomes sealed, however I wouldn't be too comfortable taking it for a drive over bumps etc because of the strain the heavy waterblock will put on your motherboard (although the same applies for a lot of the modern heatsinks too).

Echo    0

By the looks of it no-one locally is into CoolerMaster products :( The local suppliers have it in their price list but no stock, the good news is that they have sourced me on which arrives on Tuesday :) So after that... no more noisy fans :) (apart from the 2 x 120's in the Stacker case) can't wait.

On a side not, yesterday my Prescott was running at 36 C idle, that is until I decided to play FarCry, then it jumped back up to the usual 74-76 C under load!

Echo    0

Well, after installing 1st unit (faulty you name it :D) then replacing the unit today, with a new working unit. Temps under load are currently 48 C, ambient (outdoor) temps today are 38 C humidity in the high 90's. Will test with FarCry tonight :)