Sign in to follow this  
MatthewK

Cosmos 1000 HDD cooling

MatthewK    0

So what's the best thing someone has come up with to cool down the HDDs in the Cosmos 1000? I've searched the 'net high and low and all I've found is: fan on the top per CM, fan on the side, and watercooling (not an option for me). Is a fan on the top of the HDD cage really sufficient to cool them down? I'm worried about when summer comes around and the temps get a bit hotter..

dubzhouse    0

How many hard rives are you running? If not more than 4 you could get some hard drive coolers and screw them to the bottom of the drives with screws and motherboard standoffs.

You could something like this: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6811999152

You would have to give up two of your hard drive bays for this to work. I did it when i had the 1000 before i got the Cosmos S and it worked pretty good.

MatthewK    0

I have 5 HDDs (actually 6 but I don't use the 6th at the moment, it's only 120GB anyway) and 2 CD/DVD drives. Thanks for the link, that sure is cheap! :)

How was your experience changing from the 1000 to the S? In particular, what kind of difference in noise levels did you experience? The two main things I like about the Cosmos 1000 are the quietness and it's looks. The Cosmos S looks a little better IMHO, so it's really just down to the noise levels between the two. The Cosmos S is such an open design (opposite to the 1000) that I imagine it must be quite a bit noisier.

Maxession    1
How was your experience changing from the 1000 to the S? In particular, what kind of difference in noise levels did you experience? The two main things I like about the Cosmos 1000 are the quietness and it's looks. The Cosmos S looks a little better IMHO, so it's really just down to the noise levels between the two. The Cosmos S is such an open design (opposite to the 1000) that I imagine it must be quite a bit noisier.

The Cosmos S is much more open, so you'll hear the noise from inside more. Making the noise also depend on how loud your parts are. (CPU and GPU fans, HDs spinning etc)

I'm very happy with my Cosmos 1000, my GPU, makes a lot of noise, which luckily gets absorbed quite well by the case. :)